Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Glens_of_Antrim_Tiger

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all. This is my 1st post on here. Have had my super six since June running a 2.0 silvertop zerec and webber 45's. Recently i lost oil pressure when car was idling and i coaxed it home. When i started it a few days later oil pressure was grand but the idle rpm is now down to about 500 rpm. Any ideas? Ive a new oil filter to go on incase maybe the old one is clogged up. So while im doing that and changing the oil is there anything else i should check out?
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #2 
The ECU should be controlling the idle speed, and 500 rpm sounds very low for a Zetec.  Is the idle smooth, or does it sound "lumpy"?
Glens_of_Antrim_Tiger

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOC_Admin
The ECU should be controlling the idle speed, and 500 rpm sounds very low for a Zetec.  Is the idle smooth, or does it sound "lumpy"?

Sounds lumpy. Have driven the car and revs and runs ok just the idle is bad more so on start up. Had thought about adjusting tge idle jets on the webbers but don't understand why they would suddenly change without warning or tampering
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #4 
I'd do the oil/filter change and also check a couple of things and then see how you're getting on:

1) The voltage when the engine is running (to make sure the alternator is fine), which should be around 14 volts.

2) Engine earthing.

Based on experience, ither of these could potentially cause mis-readings on gauges and erratic idle.

Glens_of_Antrim_Tiger

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for the help. I would never have thought about point 2.
Glens_of_Antrim_Tiger

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Glens_of_Antrim_Tiger

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
I'd do the oil/filter change and also check a couple of things and then see how you're getting on:

1) The voltage when the engine is running (to make sure the alternator is fine), which should be around 14 volts.

2) Engine earthing.

Based on experience, ither of these could potentially cause mis-readings on gauges and erratic idle.

Got the problem sorted. Was a loose cable going into the ignition control module. My front right indicator had also stopped working but the back and side repeator was fine and once i secured tge wire they are all working now too. So happy days 😀
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club