Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Aidyc

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello

I am trying to track down my old car, Q38 HDU Super Six was blue with a 1.6 pinto engine built about 20 years ago.

Do you own it and would you sell it?

Please let me know.

Aidy
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Tax ran out Feb 15 and the MOT in Aug 15 - looks like it's either been crashed and not on the road or sitting in someones garage. If it's in a garage it doesn't seem like it will be with an active member so might be hard to trace [frown]

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
According to gov site its got an export marker next to it, so it may not be in this country anymore.
A mate of mine had a blue tiger which he took with him to spain about 10 years ago when he emigrated there. Its a real long shot but ill contact him and see if he can remember the reg.
I think you can write to the dvla and find out who registered keepers are, it would certainly be worth giving them a call.
Aidyc

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Hello

Thank you for the replies.

I did see it had been exported, i last saw it at the kit car show in Stoneleigh about 10 years ago, so maybe it could be the one that went to Spain!

If you could contact them that would be great! Thank you.
JT

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
I spoke with him last night.
He can't remember reg, and he sold it years ago in spain. It had a fiat twin cam in it so prob not yours, unless it was changed of course. I do recall them picking it up from around birmingham. It was a navy blue sort of colour, from memory. Ill see if we can find some old photos of us out and about, can't promise anything tho. I think your best bet is to call dvla. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Aidyc

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
I spoke with him last night.
He can't remember reg, and he sold it years ago in spain. It had a fiat twin cam in it so prob not yours, unless it was changed of course. I do recall them picking it up from around birmingham. It was a navy blue sort of colour, from memory. Ill see if we can find some old photos of us out and about, can't promise anything tho. I think your best bet is to call dvla. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

ah ok, yeah it was a pinto but it may have been swapped but i think it was still in the UK until 2014, I will speak to the DVLA.

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it. 
snippy

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Have you tried ringing Laura at Tiger? She has been collating a list of owners of cars over the last 12 months or so. It`s a long shot I realise. Maybe the owner abroad has ordered some parts from Tiger also? Good luck with your search.
Aidyc

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by snippy
Have you tried ringing Laura at Tiger? She has been collating a list of owners of cars over the last 12 months or so. It`s a long shot I realise. Maybe the owner abroad has ordered some parts from Tiger also? Good luck with your search.

Hello, yeah i did, she was a great help, she wrote to the former owner who then rang me Friday! they sold the car to a German sports car/kit car dealer a few years ago, the guy wanted it for his son so he didn't buy it to sell it. he doesn't know who the dealer is but was going to try and find some details for me.  I tried googling kit car dealers, Tiger kit cars in Germany bit haven't found much yet - it may be the DVLA can tell me who exported it as its a dealer and not an individual - the trail continues!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club