make up carpet kit
clean and paint roll over hoops
order seats
finish trim of panels for iva etc
tune weber carbs

cben123

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 
have removed all panels and send to body shop to be painted i have recovered loom in proper loom non sticky tape also sorted out swicthes still have hazard to sort 
[IMG_2231] [IMG_2232] 
i have ordered carepet kit form tiger and choosing seats prob jk composites  with orange padding got rear hoops water blasted and primped ready fro painting came up like new .previous builder has done a great job well put together apart from the wiring but i think i have it sorted.

MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
[cool]

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 
hi got panels painted went for a dark blue .
[IMG_2271] 

cben123

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
fitted and buily up dash and windscreen.
[IMG_2274]  [IMG_2282]  [IMG_2275] 
have ordered seats from jk composites ( 3 weeks wait) and wiper assembly from cbs carpets from laura in tiger .
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Are you going to IVA the car to make it road legal or is it just for track days?

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
looking good [smile]
cben123

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #8 
planning iva it any hints on anything i may have missed i have radius measure and iam putting trim anywhere its needed
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
You will need to have lots of pics of the car during the build, did you get these with the car from the original builder ?
cben123

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #10 
yes a large file of stuff came with car 
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
I haven't been through the IVA as it was the SVA when I did my car. The only thing is, make sure you build it to pass otherwise you might end up with things and holes in the wrong places i.e. I am thinking about the side repeaters in the scuttle, these might or might not be in the wrong place?

I would speak to Southways and ask them what mods are needed to get it through IVA and maybe pop in to see them, it will save you a lot of time and agro in the long run.

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #12 
Hi

I did the IVA about 4 years ago now, so I could also be out of date. But

The side repeaters have to be visible for the back (Close to the most stupid rule in the book). Actually 5 degrees out from the back and the only thing you can see of the car from that position is the front wheels or the top of the windscreen.

If you go to the IVA with a Windscreen you will need wipers that park and cover a percentage of the screen. Plus a demist system. Also all the edges need to be rounded.

The speedo needs to be accurate of over reading by a bit.

Steering wheel needs a collapsible boss. also the metal parts in the centre may also need to be radiused.

Not sure what side mirrors you have in mind but they will have to be quite big to fit the viewable area requirement.

You have the wheel carrier on the back if you plan to mount your rear number plate here you need to provide a flat mounting surface the same size or larger than the number plate. This also has to be radiused, I used a flat steel plate with U trim round it.

Really stupid point, but it got me. If your tyres have rotational direction markings make sure they are right.

Ensure the frame number is correct, If you have not done that yet, make sure you use the right size stamps. It must be in a certain location as well as on the plate that Tiger will have supplied with the car.

These are things that got me and I thought my car was perfect. If this is your first car then it is very unlikely you will pass first time. Sometimes you can change small stuff during the test. If not smile and keep your cool, all examiners have discretion and where possible you want it in your favour.

It is a good idea to have someone like Southways or Tiger look over the car if you can.

Good Luck.
BobCat

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #13 
Oh, Just spotted an engine start switch. If you are not using the key you need 2 forms or security on the car. The key gives you steering lock and ignition. Without this you may need an immobiliser with proof it is correctly installed;
cben123

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #14 
i have the key start and red battery cut off under the dash will that be ok
BobCat

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #15 
Its been some time since I did the IVA. So you really need to check the rules which used to be available on the VOSA site.

When I did it you needed 2 forms of security, steering lock and ignition key counted as 2. Battery cut off keys the big red ones or hidden switches didn't count.
cben123

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #16 
new seats arrived 
[IMG_2302] 
started fitting carepets  fitted carbon rear parcel shelf and painted roll hoops bmw bright red and fitted
[IMG_2309] 
cben123

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #17 
new seats and carpets fitted 
[IMG_2335] 
cben123

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #18 
rear diffuser fitted still have front to fit
[IMG_2336]  [IMG_2337] 
Topbox

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #19 
Love that rear difuser.
FCCK2000

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cben123
rear diffuser fitted still have front to fit
[IMG_2336]  [IMG_2337] 

Like the Defuser where did you purchase that from? have you got more pics showing how it fits under the car please?

IanR6

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #21 
Looking superb. Like the others, I love the diffuser. I am planning on fitting one myself but can't decide between building my own or buying one.
BobCat

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #22 
Hi the car is looking great, the diffuser is a great addition.

However you said the car has not been through the IVA yet. In which case the diffuser may fail because of sharp edges.

Other Stuff.
Also you will need a plate the size of a number plate to form a backing to the number plate the single 1.25 inch bar is not sufficient (for the IVA).

All the lights with the exception of the reversing light (and maybe even that now) must be mounted vertically. They look slightly of the vertical.

otherwise looking good.
FCCK2000

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #23 
Just found this website for deffusers which looks quite good. Even do one that will fit my Tiger Supercat
http://www.sa-motorsport.co.uk/rear-diffusers.html
IanR6

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #24 
Here is one on Ebay if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-new-GBS-Zero-Rear-Diffuser-in-Black-Kit-Car-MK-Westfield-Caterham-/121541667447?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c4c72aa77
jrod

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Echo the above, looking good.

Playskool motorsport offer a good diffuser option for anyone still in the market.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club