Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
shutssuper6

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi im looking to buy a pair of jk composite seats for my super six. Are they a straight forward fitment or is there anything i should look out for. Also do i need the base mounts?

cheers steve
rickwatton

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Easy enough to fit and you don't need the base mounts. If you speak to them at jk they will advise you on the best size to fit your car
Carnoustiecat

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Steve......
Don't know about the Supersix, but I've just fitted a pair of JK Composites seats in my Cat E1. No room in the Cat for the base mounts.........so just two bolts through the front and two brackets bolted on at the mounting points that are threaded on the rear of the seats. Very easy to fit, though no longer have any adjustment.......so a bit of care needed when fitting the drivers seat to get it in the correct position.

JK are an excellent company to deal with.........tell the the width of your car, and they will make the seats to fit. I found them very helpful on the phone and the seats are good quality and very comfy in my opinion. 

Scott

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Great thanks! ill call them monday.
Tiger6Trev

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Steve
Had them in my S6 for 5 years they are such a snug fit mine aren't even bolted in they push straight in
what I found though is the seating position is much lower and laid back almost like an F1 seating position very comfortable.

I also got a quick release steering Boss and fitted it on with an extension mount which brings the wheel into a better position closer and slightly higher
so no knocking your knees with your elbows any more.

brilliant set up mate changes the car totally. 

Trev.
JohnSix

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Trev,

I know you told me this before what size were they, I'm thinking of doing the same.

Just wondering if I can reuse the seat adjuster, it will also give a bit more height maybe as I'm a short arse.

John.

shutssuper6

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Good to know that Trev, ive got ranger seats at present which are ok but i much prefer the look of the JK,S.
gonna overhaul my interior this winter so nice to know the seats will be a comfy choice.

thanks Steve.

NickW

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #8 
Gents
I too am doing a makeover this winter and my seats are now showing wear.What's the retail price on the JK seats ?
Is it not possible to salvage existing runners  and fit to JK seat base ?

Cheers
Nick
IanR6

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Must be the weather. I am looking at changing the seats in my S6. Don't think I can afford the JK seats though as my budget is quite tight at the present. So looking for a pair second hand high back seats. Haven't had a good look around yet, so don't know what's out there.
shutssuper6

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Will be selling my high backed Ranger seats in black with red piping Ian, i am waiting for someone to let me know if they want them or not. If not you can have second dibs on them if you like. Asking £150 for the pair
IanR6

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
That would be great. Please let me know as and when.
Toobs

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #12 
I'm just waiting for my new seats for my super six, when they arrive I will have a pair of high back black with red piping seats for sale, I imagine about new time? Let me know if you want any photos. Thanks Paul
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club