Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
scotty44

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Evening all, can you buy the E1 side panels (inside) or do they need to be made? Can't find any info online!
Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Haeyou tried tiger racing? It’s worth ringing them as they may well have some in stock but if not they would be fairly easy to make yourself, just some hardboard, thin wadding and some vinyl. Especially if you have some of the original there to take a patern off

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
ISTR that the side panels were made from 3mm ply then covered as said previously.
weavo56

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #4 
I 'd say hardboard with thin foam and vinyl cloth on top .

G W

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
I’m thinking of using the same 6mm PVC I used for my dash. Bit more of a ‘colder’ and clinical look than all padded though. 🤔
snippy

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
When I built mine I used thin ply covered in a thin layer of foam and vinyl on top. I made my panels slightly longer than the Tiger originals. I may still have the Tiger supplied panels in my garage somewhere as I didn`t use them. They are for an E1. 
scotty44

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Cheers guy's, going from front to back I think now so just need to use the info above and decide what to make it from [wink]
Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Tiger Racing use 3mm Marine Ply for the inside panels as they are then able to withstand the wet and damp conditions when driving or standing in your garage.

They then use a spray adhesive to attach / stick the foam into place with the excess being trimmed to the shape of the panel before doing the same with the vinyl covering but this time turning +/- 25mm over the edge of the panel and sticking it down.

This then gives a more soft rounded edge to the internal panel or dash.

Alternatively you dont fit them as it is all extra weight.

Gazza 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Another possibility for you to consider . I made side panels from 3mm foamex sheet and then covered them with carbon fiber matting available from easy composites. The result was a rigid panel finished to a high gloss showing carbon weave. A you tube video shows the process. Hope this helps.
scotty44

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Maybe an option Shep as alot of the car is in carbon, side panels, tunnel, dash.. and EC or Carbon mods are less than a mile away from me [smile]
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #11 
I used ally sheet and covered it in "bass box" carpet which is very thin, but durable.
scotty44

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
[thumb] Went with the above (bass box carpet) as I had some already and also kept the template to make a pair of carbon sides at some point [cool]
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 
Some good ideas on this thread :)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club