Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
I’ll take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year and lots of fun in or working on those lovely kits 🥳

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Ditto George! Hope you’re well bud.
ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Likewise, Happy New Year, and happy spannering to all!

Next on the list: Megajolt
After that: water pump

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejt7777
Likewise, Happy New Year, and happy spannering to all!

Next on the list: Megajolt
After that: water pump

Looking forward to your updates Ed
ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Cheers, and likewise - yours looks amazing after its colour change!

I've decided that, as the 1.6 isn't going to be a fire breather , any upgrades on my car in the short term will be to either improve the overall experience rather than performance (e.g. gear change, wind deflectors) or could be carried over when I do an engine swap (Megajolt). I might also remove the spare wheel and carrier from the back, which will save about 20kg.

At least the car won't be out of action for 6 weeks over the summer waiting for new seats this year!

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks Ed! I’m going down the same sort of route really, want to make the current set-up work reliably and enjoy it.
Cut off my wheel carrier too for the same reason, think it looks a bit cleaner without it.
What engine are you thinking of putting in it eventually? I’d like something quicker than my pinto at some point. Good point about seats, mine are shot. Roll on summer!!
ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
I don't know yet - probs the easiest (and cheapest!) route would be to bolt in a bigger Pinto, but I quite like the idea of trying a Ford Sigma. The intake and exhaust are the same sides as the Pinto, and whilst they don't generate massive power, they are a good 50kg lighter than a Pinto so from a power/weight ratio and handling perspective it could be good.

I'm just going to enjoy the car over the summer, get the impending house move completed and then see what funds allow!

What about you?

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Sounds like you’ve got a busy few months ahead! All the best with the house move.
I don’t know what lump I’ll put in the Tiger eventually. Like you I’d just like to enjoy it this summer as last summer was spent sorting everything out mechanically and breaking down a few times in the process 🤣
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
I love the torque of my Diesel vehicles but I don’t want to get banned from the forum suggesting a diesel Tiger 🤪😄
overdriver

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe
I love the torque of my Diesel vehicles but I don’t want to get banned from the forum suggesting a diesel Tiger 🤪😄

You might be surprised Abe. Have a look at our Dutch friend Martin's postings (user I/D TigresTDI).

Michael.

Spent it on fast women and loose cars.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdriver

You might be surprised Abe. Have a look at our Dutch friend Martin's postings (user I/D TigresTDI).

Michael.

Nice link!.....Just been looking his posts and watching his Youtube videos ...What a clever guy... and that test he had to put his Tiger through!! 😮
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club