Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
damon8000

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Having been over to Europe many times over the years in "normal" cars - has anyone taken their Tiger onto a ferry?? I'm a bit nervous about the ground clearance (it has a winged sump) - it's a steep ramp up the ferry, and I almost bottomed out my 5-series last year,

Got hotel booked at Nürburgring already, just want to make sure she'll get on the boat before I book the tickets - cheers folks
greengreenwood7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
yep taken a Tiger onto a ferry, i had a Cat then that was lower due to sumpguard, a pal had an S6 and 2 others have a Zero and a MNR....no issues with clearance.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
I have a Cat and no issues here before I had a shortened sump. The only thing I would say do take care on speed bumps some of them are higher than the UK. Even over the Pont D'Normandie no issues and beautiful views!!!
martinq357

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Did the Le Mans Classic in the Cat in 2016. My biggest concern also was getting on the ferry, but this proved completely unfounded. We went Newhaven - Dieppe and had no issues at all, neither did the Caterham that was in our group.

Went to the Classic again this year (in MX5) and the biggest problem we had was the ramp failure at Newhaven..... No ferries from Dieppe, so had to come back via Calais.... inc. this side of the Channel it added 200+ miles we weren't expecting!! Could have been worse though, the poor sods on the ferry sailed from Dieppe, arrived at Newhaven, couldn't disembark and sailed back to Dieppe.... 8 hours and back where they started.....

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
I drove my cat e1 to Ireland this Summer. No issue with ferry at all.
riber3

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 

Well I drove from France to the UK last week 22/10/18) and back again went via Dieppe up the A27/M27 in my Mondeo Estate ( with only 130 horses albeit some missing LOL!!) scary!! No problems on the French roads But got a puncture just before Michael Wood Services and crawled in. Did anyone offer to help no of course not! The idiot who parked on the public walkway next me stopped me from changing my wheel and was too busy snappy chatting to notice my look of disgust. So I had to move as I couldn’t get near my wheel let alone open a door

The Ford supplied wheelbrace is made of tissue(may as well be) and bent and broke so used another from my own toolbox.

Anyway carried on up to Wiltshire then a few days later up to Shropshire. All I can say is that due to all the pot holes and knackered speed humps and road surfaces my poor car lost 1 rear suspension cover, it vibrated and broke my engine undertray cover which I had to pull over and fix on the side of A5 before that got ripped off completely!! And then return to France where amazingly nothing happened and the car survived the roads.

Don’t get me wrong French roads are not perfect but this does show just how bad UK roads have become.

As for Monaco lovely done it myself although I enjoyed walking round just as much as driving .As for any Tiger or other kit car owners in need of some respite near Mount Saint Michel you are always welcome round our house for a cuppa and a biscuit/croissant etc and if you need a spanner or help we are always happy to oblige.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club