Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
simongo

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello all, I hope you can give me some guidance.

I have a Cat E1 but I have a fault on the gearbox.

What is the best way to get the gearbox out of the chassis ?
Option 1 - Engine and gearbox together
Option 2 - Engine first, then gearbox

I know that either way the nose will have to come off, but I suspect the front chassis member will make option 1 a no go.

This is to fix a speedo issue, speedo drive replaced, issue still remains.

All comments and guidance appreciated.

Regards
Simon
overdriver

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Evening Simon,

The link below will take you to the latest discussion regarding engine removal from a Cat. 

https://forums.tigerownersclub.co.uk/post/engine-out-on-supercat-10427021?highlight=pinto+removal&pid=1311146044

As you will see, there is a variety of opinions and suggestions. However, it's comforting to know that they are all based upon experience and thus all work. Just goes to show there is more than one way to skin a cat(!).

Don't hesitate to raise more queries. I take it you've done all the checks for broken speedo cable etc?

Michael.

Spent it on fast women and loose cars.
TigerEd

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi, is it not possible to get to the Speedo drive without removing the gearbox? From memory the drive is a plastic gear that that drops into the rear part of the gearbox and the Speedo cable attaches to it. The usual problem is with the cable.
simongo

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEd
Hi, is it not possible to get to the Speedo drive without removing the gearbox? From memory the drive is a plastic gear that that drops into the rear part of the gearbox and the Speedo cable attaches to it. The usual problem is with the cable.

Thanks for the reply TigerEd.
The cable is fine, we have an internal gearbox issue, hence the need to remove the gearbox to resolve.
Regards
Simon
simongo

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdriver
Evening Simon,

The link below will take you to the latest discussion regarding engine removal from a Cat. 

https://forums.tigerownersclub.co.uk/post/engine-out-on-supercat-10427021?highlight=pinto+removal&pid=1311146044

As you will see, there is a variety of opinions and suggestions. However, it's comforting to know that they are all based upon experience and thus all work. Just goes to show there is more than one way to skin a cat(!).

Don't hesitate to raise more queries. I take it you've done all the checks for broken speedo cable etc?

Michael.

Nice one Michael, thanks for the reply.
I will review the discussion and find the appropriate cat to skin.
Appreciate the quick reply.
Take care.
Regards
Simon
TigerEd

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Good luck with you cat skinning 😆
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Read every ones idea of the best way to remove engine/box and decide what is best you. I have built 2 Cats and I know which way I prefer.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club