Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Flyer

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Now the weather's improved I'm starting to get out and about in the Tiger Cat I bought late last year.

Out the other day with my grandson and the car started playing up a bit, which I suspected was a warning of low fuel even though the fuel gauge was telling me I had just over a 1/4 tank full.

I managed to make it to a garage and after filling up all was well, which suggests the gauge is over-reading. Is there any way to make an adjustment of the sender reading so it's more accurate?

Thanks.
Pat

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #2 
If the Gauge and the sender are the original Tiger supplied then you can modify the sender .The sender looks like a bit of coat hanger wire with a float at the end of it. You can bend the wire up or down a bit to get a more accurate reading. The sender is made by ETB and should look like this  http://www.etbinstruments.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=99_109&product_id=96

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Pat, I'll have to unbolt it and take a look.

Jeff.
IanR6

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
For what it's worth this is what I did.

Untitled.jpg 

Flyer

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Ian, that's a plan! I'll give that a go tomorrow. [smile]

Jeff.
Flyer

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 
Finally found time to check out my sender unit. I checked the length as advised and it wasn't far out. After replacing it I drained the tank and checked the guage reading as I refilled. Everything seems to be okay, which got me wondering whether this was more of a tank vent issue.

My tank vents into the filler tube the other side of the fuel cap. The fuel cap says it's vented, but I can't see how. I think I might vent the tank to open air like on my motorbike to avoid any chance of a vacuum in the tank.

Anyone else had an issue like this?
rickwatton

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
My tank is vented to open air with a valve fitted to prevent fuel leakage
IanR6

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Oddly enough, I had this very same conversation at the Stoneleigh show today. I have the same set up, vent tube from tank to the neck of the filler. I want to change the filler cap to the aero type but will need a valve on the end of the vent tube to stop spills.

Rick, could you send a picture of your valve or even a quick diagram would do.
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
I have an aero cap  fitted and have used a valve on the end of the pipe as used on motorcross bikes. 

IanR6

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Yeah, just ordered one of those. Ta.
Flyer

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #11 
Wow those aero caps are expensive. The motocross valve is a cheap solution to my problem though, just ordered one. Thanks for that! [smile]
rickwatton

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/in-line-fuel-tank-breather-valve-8mm-hose-tails
This is what I have fitted was told the cheap motox ones didn't allow air out due to expansion
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club