Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
cwollen

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
currently restoring my super six, bit confused about the tank, it was a factory built car so I assume tiger parts or donor car parts used. Have put the tank back fuel filler and vent in top of tank also the sender in top but the fuel out is on the left side at the top? is that correct does it have an internal pick up pipe ?

thanks chris
martinq357

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
That's correct. Have the same tank in my Cat.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks

on with the re-build
JT

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
I have the same tank in my cat. I cut it open a few months back to clean it out as it was full of rust.
I took this picture prior to cleaning which shows the pick up pipe. The rust was so bad it completely blocked the pipe.

Attached Images
jpeg 20200526_125251.jpg (240.40 KB, 8 views)

cwollen

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
That looks like it was quite a job to repair did you epoxy line it ?
JT

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
No i just cleaned it out for now. Im going to get a stainless replacement made over the winter.
Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Tiger Racing make a Ali Fuel Tank now as a replacement for the old steel ones that always had issues with rust in the tanks which blocked te fuel filters.

I know they make a larger tank for the Tiger R6 / R10 which allows you to carry nearly 9 gallons if you want to go for longer runs or your is a bit more thirsty like mine.

Gazza    

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Id seen the ally ones, but preferred it to be made from stainless. We have stainless tanks custom made quite regularly for boats at work.
I can get a new tank made for 200 quid, plus we can alter it slightly to how i want.
Thanks for the advice.
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #9 
If you're making your own tank, there are some plans on my web site that we had our tanks made to:

http://www.toyne.org.uk/kc-mods-tank.html

They're designed to fit around rear drop bars from the roll bar.  However, as you don't have rear drop bars, the rear angled section could be wider to give even more capacity.

Also, I found anything higher would mean a new filler cap hole would have been needed in the bodywork and there's probably about 1" clearance between the angled back of the tank and the bodywork.

The sump style swirl pot solved all the fuel starvation problems I had with the original Tiger injection tank caused by fuel slosh and can also be used for a car on carbs by blanking off one of the two outlets.
JT

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Great info thanks
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club