Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Lee_woodcraft

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, just wondered on the off chance that someone could help me, I have bought a set of Newman cams and they didn't come with any friction washers. Does anyone have any I could buy? If not does anyone know what material they are and the size to see if I can find them anywhere else. I've tried burton performance but they have to order them and will be at least two weeks, I really need them for Sunday.
Dick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Main dealers for your engine will stock these items as if they are a friction type cam washer, they are a replacement services item when carring out normal work for what ever the engine in your car.
Lee_woodcraft

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
Ok cheers, I will give them a try tomorrow.
Dick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
What engine is it
Lee_woodcraft

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
2lt duratec
Dick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Ford should have them if not they should be able to supply in 24hrs make sure you clean every thing well and I would suggest you wash the faces with brake cleaner, don't forget the crank shaft also uses a similar locking system. Are you changing the chain, guides and tensioner at the same time. If so make sure its proper stuff we have seen a lot of low quality parts being sold and of late have replace 3 engines because of failure of these cheap items.
Lee_woodcraft

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
Yes I am changing chains and tensioners as well, I have Lucas kit to replace all parts. Thank you for the advise I will get a washer for the crank as well.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club