Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Flyer

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
I've got a pair of JK Composite seats to fit in my Cat E1. If you've fittd the same seats to your Cat, then I'm after your advice.

Having searched the forum there's plenty of pics of the rear brackets, but nothing I can find about the seat fronts.

I'm assuming that the lip on the front of the seat is bolted to the cross member on the floor, and runs perfectly parallel to it? In which case M8 bolts or would M6 be adequate (don't want to weaken the cross member too much)?

Just test fitted the passenger seat so far. It may be there's a bit of a twist in the seat, but it doesn't want to go in straight. I'm hoping that when the front is bolted down the back can be realigned with the parcel shelf so that the seat sits evenly in the middle of the cockpit. Anyone had this issue?

Finally, it's difficult to tell from the photos, but roughly how tall should my parcel shelf brackets be to meet the seat nuts embedded in the backrest?

Cheers,

Jeff.
rickwatton

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Mine is just bolted to the Ali floor panel in front of the cross member doubt you could get it far enough back to fasten to the cross member
Flyer

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwatton
Mine is just bolted to the Ali floor panel in front of the cross member doubt you could get it far enough back to fasten to the cross member

Interesting! With the seat back against the parcel shelf, the front of my seats want to sit on the cross member. If I move them forward of that, there's a 3" gap between the parcel shelf and seat back.

seatfront.jpg 

Carnoustiecat

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #4 
I fitted a pair of JK seats last year, the passenger seat is bolted through the cross member, but due to being short in the leg the drivers seat had to be fitted further forward so as I could reach the pedals.

I drilled three holes in the seat and got a piece of alloy flat bar the same width of the mounting point of the seat, drilled three holes on that to match the holes in the seat and then bolted it to the alloy floor just in front of the cross member. I used the alloy flat bar to help spread the load.

Once bolted down at the front I took some measurements and made up some alloy brackets to bolt the seat to the parcel shelf. Works a treat.....the seat is very firmly bolted in place.

Scott seats 002.jpg 

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnoustiecat
I fitted a pair of JK seats last year, the passenger seat is bolted through the cross member, but due to being short in the leg the drivers seat had to be fitted further forward so as I could reach the pedals.

Thanks Scott, I think I'll probably have to do the same with the driver seat; I've been using a cushion to push myself forward with the stock seats.
Carnoustiecat

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Jeff
         It goes without saying.......take your time getting the seat in the right position for reaching the pedals.....you dont want to drill any more holes than you have to.

Excellent seats the JK's.......a lot more comfortable than they look. Good luck with fitting them.

Scott

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
I'm 6'3" and fitted the front of mine by placing ahead of the cross member...and sandwiching it between two alloy plates..one above the seat front curve, and one below the car floor.
I found the back then cleared the 'pigs ears' and gave me the legroom I needed.
Placing the seats behind the crossmember lifted the seat too high, and likewise if on the crossmember.
Having said that, I've now sold them and fitted seats from Intatrim which are more comfortable..but which also needed raising at the front..so maybe it's because I'm tall.....
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club