Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
tomforrest90

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
How easy is it to install anti-roll bars to the front and rear,
We have noticed quite a lot of body roll when hard cornering.
Is it some thing that can be retro fitted to the current chassis?
And would they make enough difference if fitted?
warboys

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 
They do make a difference, but I am not sure I would bother on a road car.
tomforrest90

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
It's not a road legal car, it's just used for track days.
We have just had the car set up again with stiffer springs, will see if that makes a difference first.
Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Tom,

Probably a silly question but have you had the car corner weighted and how have you reached the conclusion that there is a lot of body roll from the car - Pictures of the track day??

Wayne Rothwell raced a Tiger GTA in the 750 Sports Special Series and ended up fitting a splitter at the front of the car to stop the front lifting and a diffuser to the rear.

I am not sure if he had a anti-roll bar on the car, but Paul at Tiger Racing would be the person to ask.

Best Regards,

Gazza 

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Gazza,

Well we recently put our new wheels ( Yokohama a048 I think there called) on the car as the 888s are about gone, but when we did the left rear tyre rubbed on the wheel arch quite substantial with 2 people in, and also with only with a driver in the car, where as the 888s were fine. (They are same size tyre on an identical rim to the toyos so must be slightly bigger)
And also you can see from pictures that there is a lot of body roll and also in a car following it.

It's just had a trip to procomp Sunday to be corner weighted and have the suspension set up, and he put us in stiffer front springs, changed the dampers an ride height ect,
So hopefully this will have sorted the problem.

Yeh we have thought about the front splitters, but need to figure out a way to fit along with the front folding bonnet?

We have got a track track day on 11th march so that will be the test!

Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Tom,

Have a look at the link as there are some pictures of Waynes car showing the splitter in place.

http://www.tigerracing.com/gallery.php

The A048's tend to have a stiffer side wall than the Toyo's, it looks as if Wayne has flaired the wheel arches out on his car.

Hope that this helps.

Best Regards,

Gazza

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club