Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
RemaL

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Just a reminder of the last kit car show of the season.

20th/21st (sat/Sun) November

Many Swtoc members will be attending

bigkiltedwarrior

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 
Well, i'm now living in Jersey, which I believe allows me to become a member of the SWTOC? If I can get a cheap flight to exeter and the missus allows me I think I will be attending.

My supercat is still in Aberdeen waiting to be SVA'd and will be coming down very soon I hope.

Hope to see you all there.

Stewart Bruce
RemaL

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
will be great to see a few new faces. Hope to see you their.
most of the swtoc members will be going down on the Sunday. hoping to get their about 10am.

ps POP ALONG TO swtoc website and add your name and a pic of the car.

Antony

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
If I can get a cheap flight to exeter and the missus allows me I think I will be attending.

I don't think you can get a cheap flight, unless you go via London for some bizarre reason. I know that going direct with Flybe (used to be Jersey European) is around £250pp, which considering the distance is only about 100 miles is ridiculous. You could probably get across a lot cheaper by getting the car (or passenger) ferry to Poole and driving the hour and a bit to Exeter.

Having said all that, it might be worth giving Flybe a ring and telling them you're an Exeter City supporter (seriously!!) and will they give you a discount? Flybe are ECFCs shirt sponsors so you may be able to cut a deal.
tigergreenpilgrim

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antony
Quote:
If I can get a cheap flight to exeter and the missus allows me I think I will be attending.

Having said all that, it might be worth giving Flybe a ring and telling them you're an Exeter City supporter (seriously!!) and will they give you a discount? Flybe are ECFCs shirt sponsors so you may be able to cut a deal.

Feck me! I'd sooner swim across than abase myself by professing to being an Excreta City fan mererly to get a cheaper flight!!

Andy (proud to be a Pilgrim!)
Antony

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 
Hahahaha - wondered how long it would take you to reply, you knuckle-dragging footballing retard

If you do decide to swim across, let me know so I can make sure I'm there ready and waiting to push you back into the sea

See you at the Exeter (not Plymouth I hasten to add - too many hubcap nicking drug dealing chavs to trust parking your car up and leaving it for five minutes) show mate !

Alex Inglethorpe's red and white army .

KITT

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
BUMP!

Just a reminder that the SWTOC will be attending this show THIS Sunday. Do pop along and say hi
RemaL

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #8 

We are looking at about 40 SWTOC members coming along. should be the best turn out(OOPS) for years.

Antony

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #9 

I reckon there'll be about 10 at best

RemaL

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #10 
Shame but true, come on boys, go to the show. its fun (we will be their)

TIGDIR

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #11 
Hi -- Everyone - just to let you know that the new orange R6 race car will be at Exeter this weekend -- also for anyone thinking of building a Tiger-there is £300 off all kits this weekend- Jim
tigergreenpilgrim

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #12 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGDIR
Hi -- Everyone - just to let you know that the new orange R6 race car will be at Exeter this weekend -- also for anyone thinking of building a Tiger-there is £300 off all kits this weekend- Jim

Antony would only get excited if its in Lambourghini Orange!!...
Antony

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #13 
Indeed - and it wasn't!!

The roll cage, if a little on the ugly side, looked a fairly sturdy piece of kit, and consisted of a full cage that bolted to a rear and cross braced roll bar (assumingly the same as is already available), so I would presume that if you wanted to drive outside of the track you could simply unbolt the cage and just leave a 'normal' roll bar in its place.
Antony

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #14 
I wrote: " I reckon there'll be about 10 at best "

Close, but no cigar. There were nine SWTOC Tigers there (on Sunday) plus a green Cat that looked remarkably like Sharkey's old one and a fully weathergeared Six up in the top car park. So come on then, own up, who are you both?!?!
Threeracers

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
The roll cage, if a little on the ugly side, looked a fairly sturdy piece of kit, and consisted of a full cage that bolted to a rear and cross braced roll bar (assumingly the same as is already available), so I would presume that if you wanted to drive outside of the track you could simply unbolt the cage and just leave a 'normal' roll bar in its place.

Anyone get a photo?  I am keen to see this cage but I cannot dig a photo out of anyone.  I have heard it desribed as a bit of a clunker - it uses rather large tube and is quite heavy.

If anyone has a photo but cannot host, please email to me off forum I will post it here.

Mark
Antony

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #16 
Photo? Unfortunately not - I leave all that to SWTOC offical photographer Matt D  (although there is now a guy on the SWTOC list who has his own photography business - didn't see him yesterday which was a shame).

However, your description of 'clunker' is quite apt, as the entire cage appeared to be entirely of the same size and tube diameter as that of the standard roll-over bars (not the hoops, or the bracings, but the up and over bar itself).
Threeracers

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #17 
It wasnt my description as I havent actually seen it yet. 

It’s made by Caged, the same people that make them for Caterham and Westfield amongst others. Unfortunately they have chosen to use a heavy gauge cold drawn seamless tube which makes the cage weigh around 28-30 kgs. The Caterham cage is made from a more expensive but lighter tube which come in at around 15-20kg depending on options (side impact etc). That might explain why the cage looks a bit chunky.

The Caterham cage is about £660 + vat whereas the Tiger cage is around £600 + vat. I would have preferred to pay a bit more for the better quality materials I think because 10kg will make quite a difference, particularly when its quite high up in the car.

Mark

KITT

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Photo? Unfortunately not - I leave all that to SWTOC offical photographer Matt D  

I think my camera's got a bit of a problem Almost all the pics I took yesterday were really dark hence requests from SWTOCers for pics for the website.

Although saying that I didn't actually take one of the R6 they had. I didn't think the cage looked too bad. It was quite think compaired to some and reminded me a little of the one Steve Sharkey has on his Striker. I do like the removable front section so you can just run with a rollbar.

Sorry Mark!
Threeracers

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #19 
No worries.  I think Adam W may have some from the meeting at the Tiger factory recently so I will post them as soon as I get hold of them.

In the meantime if anyone has anything, email me pls.

cheers

Mark
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club