Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Scott

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
An one heading on a Euro trip next year?
I’m planning my first trip for September so looking for tips advice on ferry’s,country’s roads etc
Leaving from central Scotland in a r6 two adults so not a lot of space
Again an help or advice is much appreciated from those who’ve been before
Cheers Stuart

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
tools/spares..work out what you need tool wise, no point in taking spanners etc if you dont have bolts that size. i never have a pass so easier for me to take what i want which is;
spare alternator belt, spare dry sump belt, alternator, throttle/clutch cable, coil pack.
tyre weld, mini 12v pump. thin ratchet strap ( managed to bodge a cracked alternator bracket with 2 of those last year and did another 1500 miles ).
metal & plastic cables ties. Cple of connectors and a length of wire.
Maybe some tools can be put in engine bay depending how you have your battery/water bottle sited.
I norm have a small bag to hand; pliers/grips, cable ties and a cple spanners.

Better still go with someone who takes shedloads of tools!

Waterproof bag...like a sailing outer bag....
maybe a vacuum storage bag to reduce clothing size.

not sure what advice you'd want about ferrys? just drive on and off.....or e/tunnel.

personally i prefer to make the route up in advance on pc and transfer to an itinerary file and then onto sat nav and just follow the route keeping - that way you know that you'll be driving the type of roads that you want to / like. print a roadbook so that you have an idea where you are each day and take a decent map book for on the fly changes.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the info

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
WHich countries are you planning on visiting?
I've been a few times in the Tiger, and many times in other cars such as a Boxster, MX5, etc. I'm doing a trip to the Dolomites in Sep again 2019...with one or two other Tiger owners. You've picked the best time, as all the Italians have holidays in August, and the Brits, Germans and French have all gone home..but it's too early for the ski season. The roads are relatively empty, passes are still open, and the weather odds are good. If you email me, I'll send some advice, photos, etc..paulhale@talktalk.net
riber3

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Lake Garda can be a nightmare even when quiet as the local traffic can be heavy at certain times of the day but enjoy your adventure you won't regret it
Scott

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Think heading south through France maybe head for Monaco but nothing in stone
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club