Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Any one taken their ETB gauges apart ? Need to refurb my bezels. They can be eased off but need to be crimped back on afterwards.
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #2 
If you can't refurb the bezels in-situ, then I recommend you give ETB call.

I had them replace the facias, needles and bezels on 2x80mm and 3x52mm dials for £50 including return postage a few years ago.

vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Spoken to ETB but have advised that they will only refurb newer versions, I built my car in 2000. It would be easier to take the bezels off, clean and prep them and repaint. Doing all this on the dial would be very hard. Would have liked the fronts changed as well but no chance.
greengreenwood7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
one of the guys who used to be on here did it with ETB gauges, he wanted to make his own 'faces'.....guessing a search might bring it up...

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Done a search on here and only really found my post from a while back asking a similar question.
greengreenwood7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
my memory is failing me, i found it - but i was wrong.......it was a Smiths gauge that he'd reworked the face of, not an ETB.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Did that have any info about the bezel fitting ?
greengreenwood7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
no it didnt, and i'm guessing the Smiths ones were different to the ETB....after thinking more about this, i remembered that ii had asked him to do my ETB's and change the face to a custom one, but he took one away and wasn't comfortable playing with the bezel....

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Can not see how ETB fit the bezels a different way now after all this time though.
It's getting it back on is the issue, crimped somehow.
All gauges working fine just the bezels need a smarten up, so mask the glass up well then before doing them it is.
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Looking to re-vamp the dash over the winter period, any one have any Tiger gauges spare ? Want to sort the new dash before swapping over in case we get a good day for a trip out. Thinking of carbon fibre, any ideas where to a sheet of it ?
greengreenwood7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
i think Carbon NV still make C/F dash's for westies, and i think if you check the measurements that should fit all the Tig models width ways....ie/ wide enough to be cut down/shaped.
I got the same from carbon mods whenthey still made stff like that, and i cut out the preformed fibreglass panel in the scuttle and replaced it with the C/F one - as it was a composite/sandwich.

Basically i made it ( well got some else to do it in truth)...so that the dash and the scuttle are not as one, so the scuttle can be taken off leaving the dash in place to work on the gauges. the dash slots between a cple of bits of wood that are bonded under the scuttle, so it sits between the rolled lip of the scuttle and those bits of wood.....bit of angled metal at each side connects the dash to the top side rails to stop it moving. Did that years ago and was a handy 'mod'....think i paid around £120/130 for the 'board' which is about 5-8mm thick. so its proper carbon laid over another material.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
Might try some 3mm Carbon Fibre Effect Acrylic Capped Plastic Sheet as would be easy to cut etc. Am now after a template for the dash so can do it before removing the original.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club