Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
weavo56

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all , what length of ext should I have to get steering right .
Was thinking of a 60mm increase each side . Is it best to have all the thread filled in the track rod end with the ext and adj between the ext and the  steering rack ends and have a lock nut to tighten up when set .

Is that the strongest way ?

ext-05.jpg 

Graham

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #2 
Looking at my mates cars I think a body length of 60mm with a threaded hole of 50mm  will give me a good starting point ,if its too long I can cut it down so almost all the steering arm's thread is used .

Graham (NWATOC )

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
What did you do in the end?
weavo56

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #4 
Wow is it that long ago 2014 , still haven't fitted this quick rack conversion  sorry TT .

GW

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
good use of the search function and this come up. I've had the tracking done on the cat and wanted to see what the solution could be with steering arm extensions. I have them both sides.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club