Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
mintynet9277

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi

Does anybody have a picture of how the windage tray attaches to the blacktop bottom end. I have the Tiger supplied conversion kit but it has no instructions.

Thanks

Ian

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 
I bought one a few month back but used my original silvertop windage tray instead of the one supplied.
I`ll see if i still have the instructions & take a pic to upload.
It was just two A4 photos basically, fairly stratight fwd swap of four bottom end bolts to make them longer with spacers for tray and states what to make the pickup clearance
Batch666

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Does this help?

[IMG_0927] 
Ian
mintynet9277

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
I think I get it, new longer bolts on bearings using the tube spaces. Then attach the standoffs, secure tray to stand offs. Then use supplied washers to space the pick up bracket to correct height from bottom of the sump. If anyone knows what the pickup clearance should be that would be great.

Thanks

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
8 to 10mm clearance was written of my instructions
(sorry about the quality of photo) but you get the picture

20160120_174941 - Copy.jpg 

stripe70

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 
I found my pickup was touching the bottom of the sump, lucky i checked as it would have caused some issues with oil flow.
Tried my best to measure it but in the end i loaned a small endoscope style camera from a friend with inbuilt light (cheap ebay item) to insert via sump plug hole & i could see on laptop screen it was fouling.
Just bent the pickup pipe up a bit & now have the desired clearance between pickup & bottom of sump

worth checking 20160207_161640 - Copy.jpg 

robcod3

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
Tiger fitted mine, all hassle free and not a even a broken nail for me, lazy I know! Nice sump I must admit.
Batch666

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Be aware, you may need to do some filing on the sump to allow it to fit without fouling anything. 
I think we needed to open up one or two bolt holes and one of the corners on the inside of the sump to allow in to sit flat.
[IMG_0923] 
[IMG_0924] 
We used a lump of blu-tac to check the clearance below the pickup and set it around 8mm.
mintynet9277

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks for all the assistance, I managed to get the sump fitted, really didnt like changing the 4 bottom end bolts. Next question, the silvertop water pump pipe seems to be bigger than the blacktop, does anybody know the part number of the pipe from the water pump to the bottom t peice.

Ian

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club