Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Andromeda

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Morning, I have a zetec silver top with a shortened sump(was on the car when I bought it). The sump has not been made the best(leaking a little bit from the weld) so I have purchased an ERA one from tiger. After buying I have seen many comments about the ERA and not being fit for purpose. I will hopefully be doing a couple of track days in it next year, but mainly for road use, so my question is do I install it or save and get the race line one?
Thanks
Brian

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 

Hi Brian,

I ran the ERA sump on my silvertop for several years and had no problems with it on the roads at all.  In my experience, it is perfectly fit for purpose for the road use.

However, if you are thinking of doing some track days then I'd suggest changing it. I started to do track days and changed the sump before my first one at Mallory Park - which has the long right hand fast Gerrards Corner.  I fitted the Raceline and, to be fair, that was the advice that Tiger gave me when I asked them. The new sump worked really well - no issues at all.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Paul.

Andromeda

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Paul, thanks for that. I didn’t want to fit it then change it so I will prefer the race line one and try to sell the ERA

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Yep, back in the day when Tiger has their race series the ERA sump wasn't up to circuit racing. Might be fine, might not - but the raceline one did the job.

As said, ERA is fine for the roads, but personally I would not use one on the track as it's a gamble.

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Brian
Totally agree with the above, ERA sump is great for road use and gives good clearance but for track days or racing, no baffling means oil starvation. Raceline is not cheap but works the best for track use.
Good Luck

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Brian

How much do you want for your ERA sump.

thanks

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
£200 posted
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club