Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
g7kxm

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi
Trying to get back into building a Cat E1 purchased in 2001, started and then left for too many years due to young family.
I was fitting the wiring loom into the engine bay area but to get the left light connectors near to where the ights will be mounted I seem to have a large loop of loom (see photo), have I done this right or do I need to pull it all back to the tunnel area?
[image]  Thanks
Andy
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by g7kxm
Hi
Trying to get back into building a Cat E1 purchased in 2001, started and then left for too many years due to young family.
I was fitting the wiring loom into the engine bay area but to get the left light connectors near to where the ights will be mounted I seem to have a large loop of loom (see photo), have I done this right or do I need to pull it all back to the tunnel area?
[image]  Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy

I didn’t build my last Cat E1 but it had exactly the same thing going on, it was just cable tied neatly inside the engine bay. I wondered why it wasn’t chopped and joined to make it shorter, but I’ll never know...maybe it’s because it’s straight out of the donor vehicle and was easier to leave alone?

Someone else will have more insight no doubt :)

Andy
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
I had this with both my builds. Do not chop it about as you will have problems later if you have joins and the ends that are well fitted to each wire will fit to each item with the correct plug/fitting. Run the loom away from the units and end up with any excess neatly stored under the dash/scuttle.
The loom is not from the donor but supplied by Tiger.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vji4058
I had this with both my builds. Do not chop it about as you will have problems later if you have joins and the ends that are well fitted to each wire will fit to each item with the correct plug/fitting. Run the loom away from the units and end up with any excess neatly stored under the dash/scuttle.
The loom is not from the donor but supplied by Tiger.

Ah ok didn’t know it was Tiger supplied 👌
g7kxm

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you gentlemen, I really thought I'd done something wrong.
Andy
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club