Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Eccie6816

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Trying to find seats to fit an E1 cat, I didn’t build it so have no clue of sizes or which fit or what mods I need to do to make them fit. Is there any composite seats that fit straight in if so does anyone have the make style and part numbers required as I led to believe passenger is smaller than the drivers. I’m not going to pretend I’m any way technical I’m an ex squaddie with spinal injuries and the standard seats make the car unusable as I need better spinal support can anyone help this would be greatly appreciated cheers guys

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
I don't think you will find any seats around that will give you the sort of support you are after. Most around are thin and light weight. I had the tiger pad seats in mine when I built it and found then very basic and firm and had the back part forward so I could reach the pedals. I cut  shapes of these and had a local car upholsterer build me seats that are about 4 inches deep and sit higher and further forward and also added padded head rests. The drivers side is wider than the passenger side because the prop is off set slightly.
Eccie6816

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Cool cheers It higher back seats that I need as I have spinal supports that I use in my car I’m 6ft tall so reaching the pedals ain’t a problem. The standard tiger seats are not high enough and are really flexible so don’t support me enough.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi,
MK Sports cars do a very comfortable high backed fibre glass seat. Not sure if they will fit an E1 but worth a look.

Eccie6816

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Cool was looking at those and JK was wondering if anyone had fitted any into an E1 and wanted to know the type and part number

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Before you order anything be aware that the Cat E1 rear subframe is bolted in the floor where the seats mount. It is covered each side by a piece of domed fibreglass. This prevents many GRP  seats fitting unless you start cutting a hole in the seat to make it fit. Do some research on seat sizes/types first. 
snippy

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Oh and welcome aboard!
Eccie6816

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Cool cheers for the help I will look into it if the result is cutting into the seat surely that might be the way ahead on any bucket seat n hope it works lol

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
These corners where the suspension mounts are covered by what are known as pigs ears as that is the shape of them. Just be aware that if a seat needs to have a cut out to clear these then it will weaken it's structure.
Carnoustiecat

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #10 
Hi

I fitted JK Composites to my Cat E1 a few years ago. If you phone then they will give you advise on how to choose the style and sizes that you need for the E1, the're well aware  of the fact that you need a narrower L/H seat and are very helpful 

Scott

Banned
Reply with quote  #11 
 I HAVE A PAIR OF CARBON SEATS THAT WILL FIT. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE COMFORTABLE YOU CAN ALWAYS DO IT THE WAY F1 DOES IT. THEY BASICALLY POUR IN A FILLER IN A BAG THAT WILL CONFORM TO YOUR SHAPE AND THE SEAT SHAPE. £100 FOR THE PAIR AND I AM CLOSE TO NORTHAMPTON. IRCHESTER.
Eccie6816

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
That sounds fantastic mate do you have any pics and yes I’m interested you can email me any pics eccie6816@googlemail.com and I will drive down

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 
That would be fantastic email me some details and pics and I will transfer the funds ASAP eccie6816@googlemail.com or text 07896433130

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #14 
I can second JK composites. When I ordered my drivers seat I spoke to J (can't remember what it stands for!) who was incredibly helpful and took the time to discuss what it was going in and my height requirements. At 6'2", I ended up ordering the taller seat and really glad I did, it puts the harnesses in the correct place and fits me fine.
I ended up needing padding for my back so I wish I'd ordered their pad set from the start.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club