Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
timnuttuk

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 

The inspection wasn't as trivial as I was led to believe (DVLA centres seem as inconsistent as SVA centres...). The inspector checked the chassis no. on the VIN plate AND the one stamped into the chassis, he checked the engine no., and the steering/suspension components - the latter to see if they were from a sierra as per my claim. Yippee I had 4 major components from the donor which gives me an age related plate - only need 2!

He didn't like the stamped chassis no. though - said it was a little faint and the letter height was smaller than it should be, AND I had stamped the 'G' upside down (DOH!). I didn't tell him I had the stamps with me and just said 'Oh dear' - he muttered some more and then said it was OK. Back in the office he handed me a leaflet that explains the font size for VIN plates should be 4mm high letters, and for chassis stamps it should be 7mm. He 'recommended' that I cross out the current stamped no. and do another one....ummmm;-)

Just a few more days to go!

SteveV

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 

Tim

You sound like a little boy waiting for Christmas Day so he can open his presents!!!!

I expect to be just as excited in a few weeks time.

Steve

timnuttuk

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 

Good luck with the SVA!

DVLA Portsmouth wouldn't book my inspection until I had all the documentation including the MAC. On the day I forgot my driving licence (DOH!) and he nearly didn't let me book the inspection, but common sense got the better of him and he agreed to look at my licence when I came for the inspection - Don't these people know that rules and procedures are supposed to be flexible ;-)

TimN

Richard

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnuttuk

Don't these people know that rules and procedures are supposed to be flexible ;-)

Errr ... no. Thats more than their job's worth.
Cheers
Richard
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club