Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
brettd

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 

Hi all

My SVA test is on Tuesday (at the Avonmouth station in Bristol) and I intend to drive the car there.

What do I need in terms of documentation to make the journey legal? I haven't got a letter from VOSA confirming the appointment as it was all by telephone, so do I need to get one to prove where I'm going?

Also, what's the requirement for insurance, bearing in mind that the car isn't registered as it hasn't got a MAC certificate?

Thanks.

Dave

RemaL

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 

You just need your cover insurance company and detaisl that you have got your SVA booked

thats all. I may be wrong but thats what I took

Matt W

Antony

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 

Matt's correct. You'll need your insurance and it'd probably help to have your driving license with you as a just in case. If plod do stop you, you could always get them to phone the SVA station (so take the phone number with you as well) to confirm the time and date of your appointment.

The other thing to remember is you are only allowed to drive directly there and back (you can't go via your mate's to get some tools or round your mum's for a cuppa en route), so be careful if you do get stopped cos when he asks you where your going and then asks you for your address.....

brettd

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 

Thanks guys - v useful.

I guess that trip I'd planned to burn up the Welsh valley roads after the SVA is off then....

timnuttuk

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 

My SVA centre sent me a letter confirming the appointment - oh no another SVA difference!!

Only thing I can think to add is don't forget to take your prove of engine age so they test the emissions correctly, and tools! At my SVA they wanted me to adjust the headlights, remove a wheel nut, and also remove the cover over the fuel tank - he was thorough!

Oh also, my letter from the SVA said they wanted a full tank of fuel - I thought this was to prove the fuel guage was working so I squeezed every last drop into the tank, and even took some with me in a spare can as I knew the Tiger would drink a few gallons on the way there (wasn't set-up right...!). He didn't care! He wanted it full to check the weight!

Oh, and good luck!

BOBW99

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 

I was told, and did it, printed on a self adhesive paper sheet the Tiger chassis number, just on the rear of the car I had no problem with the Police car that came passed me at 07.00 hrs on the way to my SVA last feb.

As others have said driving licence, insurance. your engine age letter from Fords, tools, rubber edging and trim bits, oh and fuses as in my case. And a smile for the police and the SVA man!

Good luck

bob

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club