Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
pinmike

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
I'm still looking at replacing my seats and although I was initially interested in the Intratrim Odysseys, I think I actually prefer the style of the Stoneleighs. Does anyone have them who could comment? Mainly wondering whether the shoulder area is supportive or actually forces your shoulders in to an uncomfortable curve? Or any other comments anyone might have about them!

Thanks!
Mike.
ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Mike,

Do Intatrim do Stoneleighs with the cut-out at back to clear the rear suspension mounting points on the Supercat/E1? It's definitely worth checking with them if you haven't done so already, as if they don't then you may not be able to set the seats fully back against the rear bulkhead.

My car originally came with (very early) Odysseys, but the seat back to seat base connection fractured and I was told that they couldn't be repaired without taking the covers off (later ones can be repaired more easily). Having first bought some GRP seats and then some other narrow bucket seats (from snippy), neither of which went all the way back due to fouling the suspension mount, I took the opportunity to replace them with brand new Rangers with the rear suspension cutout.

As someone who is 6'2" and about 13st, I find the Rangers to be much more comfortable than the Odysseys were - less pinched around the small of my back, better lumbar support and also supportive around the shoulder. 

I realise this doesn't answer your original query directly, but hope it's of use.

Cheers
Ed

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
A couple of pics of the Rangers attached for info.

Attached Images
jpeg 0389BEB4-D7C6-4CE3-8C4D-BC836D713ACF.jpeg (353.53 KB, 11 views)
jpeg C642D66A-DD1C-47DB-9327-2BC08B691907.jpeg (331.73 KB, 12 views)

pinmike

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks Ed, that's useful info. I've spoken to Intretrim already and the three seats that are compatible with the suspension turret cut out are the Ranger, Odyssey and Stoneleigh. The Rangers don't support the harness slots which I would like so it's the Odyssey of the Stoneleigh.

Interesting that you're around the same height as me, although 10kg lighter!  The shoulder wings on the Ranger look similar dimensions to the Stoneleigh:

[image]  [image] 
however the Stoneleigh shoulder wings continue up to the top of the headrest whereas the Ranger wings cut back in and leave a smaller headrest.

My main concern with them was wether the shoulders provide good support or try and curve your shoulders into an uncomfortable position, which I kind of assume they wouldn't otherwise they wouldn't be popular seats, and the Ranger shoulders look a similar position.

At 6ft2, where do your shoulders rest on those seats? On the shoulder wings, or just above them?
ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
From memory the tops of my shoulders are above the wings on the seats. I'll take a "shoulder selfie" when I get home though and will post the pic on here for you.

Ed

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Shoulder selfies - my shoulders like just above the wings

Attached Images
jpeg D9079FF8-E3E4-4330-9538-AB0274B3BAD7.jpeg (174.81 KB, 14 views)
jpeg 388552B4-21B9-40D1-AFC0-C6973BFA2CF7.jpeg (283.11 KB, 16 views)
jpeg B35B3569-BB66-4669-A9BC-A127B0CD2C38.jpeg (174.20 KB, 15 views)

Ettienne

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Stoneleigh does fit the Cat E1, if bought from intratrim, they can make the cuts for the suspension. I have just ordered a set(not fitted yet.) normal size for the driver seat but slim version for the passenger side seat.
Looks a lot better that the ranger seat.
With the cut out the go all the way back in the car.
Cut out for 4 point harness to go through seat is optional.
Normal size seat is great but the slim version is very “slim” so if you’re passenger is larger than normal, you might want to pad out the back n bit more to avoid the side support “digging into the love handles”

For the price of the Stoneleigh there is some great seats to choose from. Choose wisely

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks Ettienne, have your seats arrived yet or are they still being made? Did you get a chance to try them before ordering and did you go with the harness slots?

I'm still wondering how they would fit my 5ft11 medium build physique, and where the harness slots would come in relation to my shoulders..

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

You mentioned other options at that price, but I get the feeling that only intratrim know how to work around the suspension top in the cockpit?
Ettienne

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I failed the IVA and one of the reasons was the standard seats from Tiger that didn’t meet their requirements so I did not get a chance to try the seats before the purchase. Seats are now delivered and was hoping to get them fitted over the weekend. I will try and upload some photos to answer your questions. Can’t seem to be able to copy and paste pictures onto the forum. I still have a lot of work to be done before I go back for the retest.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club