Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
As it was a nice day today managed to get a decent picture of my newly made panel to tidy up the back end also fitted some new mirrors. P1020931.jpg 
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vji4058
As it was a nice day today managed to get a decent picture of my newly made panel to tidy up the back end also fitted some new mirrors. P1020931.jpg 

Nice mate! Looks really tidy. I’m starting mine tomorrow 👌
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
I wanted mine low key, but bet yours will be a meaty one. Can't wait to see the pics.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vji4058
I wanted mine low key, but bet yours will be a meaty one. Can't wait to see the pics.

Yours looks really nice mate, nice and low key, it really tidies the back up and makes it look complete. I’m not gonna go too bananas, I’ve got some plastic and square section metal tubing. I have an idea about some sort of bolt on frame at the back that incorporates mud flaps and diffuser together. 🤔
Managed to get out for a drive today for essentials. Man I’ve missed it!

Attached Images
jpeg B58FED18-37F1-4366-B2BD-8A300F29FDBD.jpeg (571.08 KB, 13 views)

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
You have wider tyres at the back than me. That definitely looks better!
stevel

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
I am considering a diffuser too to tidy up the back end.  Have spent sometime freshening up the Tiger so this would be a nice finish.  Does anybody have rough overall dimension width x depth as a starting point.  Thanks in advance.
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
The size of the one I have made in the pic was dictated by the carbon fibre type material I had left over from my dash revamp. 
I bought and added the shark fins and edge trim.
The mirrors I have changed to have also got a carbon trim on them.
I just needed to cover up that vacant space that looks grim at a distance.

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel
I am considering a diffuser too to tidy up the back end.  Have spent sometime freshening up the Tiger so this would be a nice finish.  Does anybody have rough overall dimension width x depth as a starting point.  Thanks in advance.

A couple of people have bought them and a lot are just making up their own. I can’t imagine for one minute the diffuser I make will do anything for the aerodynamics, just want the back to look a little more complete.
stevel

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks guys just looking at sheet options. Did you just fit it at one angle following the spare wheel carrier tubes or bend it towards the diff along the other tubes?
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel
Thanks guys just looking at sheet options. Did you just fit it at one angle following the spare wheel carrier tubes or bend it towards the diff along the other tubes?

Hi Steve

I’m following that spare wheel carrier down at an angle and then going to bend it up to meet the diff so the air isn’t being trapped. From what I’ve seen, others make a large panel that goes all the way under the diff and which meets the floor encasing everything.

This is about as advanced as my picture creating ability goes 🤣 but this is what I’m going to do. (Side view)...

Attached Images
jpeg 128501D3-9773-4E9A-B8C4-89BB32398D74.jpeg (27.12 KB, 16 views)

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
And I meant to write diff not dif 😄
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
Mine goes down the sloping spare wheel tubes and back up about 4 " up the other ones and clamped to these screwed . Also screwed through the tubes under the number plate that also holds the rear body down.
stevel

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 
All makes sense to me, thanks
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club