Reply with quote  #102 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCopsey
Well done 😉

Thanks Mark. Roll on summer! Actually roll on anything that isn’t rain 🤣
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #103 
A before and after photo 🙃 Back end is pretty much done now.

Attached Images
jpeg DCC4399E-C9DE-441C-B0F3-50F585328827.jpeg (489.12 KB, 30 views)
jpeg 6F4FE3F9-EFF3-490F-BCA0-C26C5CE8205B.jpeg (349.97 KB, 27 views)

Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #104 
Looking very nice, still can’t decide if I prefer with or without the rear carrier though

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #105 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dord
Looking very nice, still can’t decide if I prefer with or without the rear carrier though

I know what you mean George. The wheel does give it a certain look. I’ll probably get a puncture the first time out 🤣
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #106 
Looks so much better - one thing for me, I would do the dash face in black to give a bit more contrast but only a personal thing - great work 😉

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #107 
Quote:
Looks so much better - one thing for me, I would do the dash face in black to give a bit more contrast but only a personal thing - great work 😉

Yeah that had been a dilemma for a while Mark!! I’m thinking of doing something on it to give it a contrast but don’t want to take it all off again 🤣
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #108 
Could you put some black or carbon vinyl on it as that would be relatively easy and could be removed?

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #109 
Quote:
Could you put some black or carbon vinyl on it as that would be relatively easy and could be removed?

Watch this space! Heehee.
Monster_UK

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #110 
Looking spot on mate... you must be chuffed!
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #111 
I revamped my dash last year without removing the scuttle and removed all the switches, lights and gauges out and over laying with carbon fibre effect sheet.
new dash compressed.jpg 

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #112 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_UK
Looking spot on mate... you must be chuffed!

I’m pretty pleased yeah thanks mate 😊 How’s yours coming along?!
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #113 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vji4058
I revamped my dash last year without removing the scuttle and removed all the switches, lights and gauges out and over laying with carbon fibre effect sheet.
new dash compressed.jpg 

Looks nice that Brandon. The front of mine is a plastic facia which I can unbolt and pop off, I think I’m just feeling lazy as I haven’t long put it all back together 🤣
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #114 
I didn't want it down for long doing the change over so managed to get a template for the dash panel from a local Cat owner. Shaped the panel and cut all holes etc so done the swap over a week end. The material I used was easy to cut and file and can be shaped with a little heat as I needed to bend the lower bit for the radio. It is held on to the scuttle panel with concealed fixings. I managed to find some nice illuminated switches which are really neat, better that those old BL rocker ones !
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #115 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vji4058
I didn't want it down for long doing the change over so managed to get a template for the dash panel from a local Cat owner. Shaped the panel and cut all holes etc so done the swap over a week end. The material I used was easy to cut and file and can be shaped with a little heat as I needed to bend the lower bit for the radio. It is held on to the scuttle panel with concealed fixings. I managed to find some nice illuminated switches which are really neat, better that those old BL rocker ones !

Nice job you’ve done there mate 😊 And yeah you’re right about the old rocker switches they do look a bit dated!!!

Stupid I thing is, I made the facia from black PVC to start with 🤣

Attached Images
jpeg 3FFDAE7F-2642-4636-901E-7A8E0BE75802.jpeg (412.83 KB, 23 views)

vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #116 
Would have been good to change to the Tiger logo gauges but ETB would not help in upgrading them. Told me they would not take the bezels off and replace them, bit odd as can not see how the later ones have their bezels attached differently !

Monster_UK

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #117 
Quote:
How’s yours coming along?!

You've already spotted my other post [tongue] I'm one stuck ball joint, a wheel alignment and a rubber spacer (which I'll need to fabricate) away from her being ready.  I'm a bit behind on the old blog but that's because I've been working away on the car.

The brakes took me ages to align (had to order some 2mm spacers and wait for them to come).  Done about 20 miles with the new pads and discs so quite a way before they are bedded in properly.  Feel good now though.

Bit nervous about the MOT in April but we'll see!

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #118 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_UK

You've already spotted my other post [tongue] I'm one stuck ball joint, a wheel alignment and a rubber spacer (which I'll need to fabricate) away from her being ready.  I'm a bit behind on the old blog but that's because I've been working away on the car.

The brakes took me ages to align (had to order some 2mm spacers and wait for them to come).  Done about 20 miles with the new pads and discs so quite a way before they are bedded in properly.  Feel good now though.

Bit nervous about the MOT in April but we'll see!

Great progress mate, you’re nearly there!! Don’t be nervous about the mot I’m sure it’ll fly through... I was worried about mine and it was fine. Anyhoo with your skills you’ll soon put any failure right soon enough 🤩👌
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #119 
Trying to make the passenger side GRP seat fit after finding a pair at the right price on eBay. Getting there!

Attached Images
jpeg 0FBCD17F-835D-46AA-A219-F2ADDF7F4316.jpeg (309.42 KB, 21 views)
jpeg A6C3BC6A-5B7E-4664-B41B-0BED498C11B1.jpeg (342.51 KB, 23 views)

Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #120 
I probably do not need to remind you to put some U-Trim round the openings in the seat as the fibre glass will quickly cut through the seat harness in normal use and I wont mention what could happen in the event of a whoops moment.

Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #121 
Great advice! I didn’t know that. Thank you 👌
Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #122 
Looking good Andy 😀

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #123 
Quote:
Looking good Andy 😀

Thanks George 😊 Hows yours coming along mate?!
Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #124 
Sad to say I haven’t been near it for months now, partly because of the weather but most.y because I’m frustrated by the clutch problem and I had a stinking cold for about 7 weeks but hoping to get back to it very soon

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #125 
Quote:
Sad to say I haven’t been near it for months now, partly because of the weather but most.y because I’m frustrated by the clutch problem and I had a stinking cold for about 7 weeks but hoping to get back to it very soon

Corona virus?!! 😷😄

Hope you’ve mended mate. Weather changing soon we hope, we can all get busy again. 😄
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club