Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Well a couple of years ago I got my car running to a fashion but the gears were extremely difficult to engage so I tried a couple of different things to try to sort it but to no avail. I had lots of other work to carry on with for Iva which is now completed but still the gears were grinding. I had always suspected that the clutch was stuck to the flywheel but it did engage gears with synchro ok so wasnโ€™t sure so today I grovelled under it to see if I could see any signs of the clutch plate through the lever hole and yes I could so with the pedal depressed I poked and pried with a screwdriver and eventually freed it off, it was stuck to the pressure plate, now gears engage quite freely and Iโ€™m sure they will improve once I get it out on the road so time to book Iva test at last ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dord
Well a couple of years ago I got my car running to a fashion but the gears were extremely difficult to engage so I tried a couple of different things to try to sort it but to no avail. I had lots of other work to carry on with for Iva which is now completed but still the gears were grinding. I had always suspected that the clutch was stuck to the flywheel but it did engage gears with synchro ok so wasnโ€™t sure so today I grovelled under it to see if I could see any signs of the clutch plate through the lever hole and yes I could so with the pedal depressed I poked and pried with a screwdriver and eventually freed it off, it was stuck to the pressure plate, now gears engage quite freely and Iโ€™m sure they will improve once I get it out on the road so time to book Iva test at last ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Get that IVA booked George! (Hopefully you wonโ€™t have to wait until 2025๐Ÿ˜)
Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
I think it will be quite a wait, I will ring them this week to see what is happening. I still need to get the brakes and emissions checked but I think they will be ok checked
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club