Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good kit car/classic club in the East Midlands area please? I'm based in Nottingham.

Cheers
Ed

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
I’d be interested too. I’m Northampton.
Cheers
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #3 
There used to be an East Midlands club "Builders and Owners of Tigers in The East Midlands" aka BOTTEM.

Initially, we had a dozen or so people turn up at monthly meetings which we moved around the East Midlands, so different people had meetings "local" to them.  We also regularly had visitors from other clubs joining us when they were in the area.

Gradually, some owners moved on to other cars and numbers went down to around half a dozen.  The last season anything was formally arranged was over 10 years ago because, on 3 consecutive months, I was the only person to actually turn up, with people dropping out at the last minute or not just turning up.  I decided that I would much rather just go out and drive the car, rather than go to a pre-determined pub 50+ miles away, get myself a drink and sit there like "Billy No Mates" for an hour before giving up and driving back home.
greengreenwood7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Interesting question - the answer to which may well depend on what you expect/want from a 'club'.....If you want to drive with like minded people in similar cars then there's worse to be done than looking to see if there's a westie/caterham owners club, if you want to drive with any type of car, pistonheads may have something happening n your region.

The one thing that many kit owners don't seem to 'get' is that in numeric terms they're a rarity, and as such a certain amount of effort is needed to meet others - unless you happen to be fortunate.

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Interesting issue. I am in Towcester near Northampton.
I have joined the East Anglian Tigers Owners Club as there is nothing closer to me. Its very well organised and active with regular pub meets and blats etc.
Also the North West Kit Car Owners Group on Facebook is now becoming more national than regional. It seems to have lots of Tiger owners and is extremely active.
Might be worth going to Kit Fest at SantaPod next summer to meet fellow enthusiasts who may be from the Midlands given its location.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceclimber
Interesting issue. I am in Towcester near Northampton.
I have joined the East Anglian Tigers Owners Club as there is nothing closer to me. Its very well organised and active with regular pub meets and blats etc.
Also the North West Kit Car Owners Group on Facebook is now becoming more national than regional. It seems to have lots of Tiger owners and is extremely active.
Might be worth going to Kit Fest at SantaPod next summer to meet fellow enthusiasts who may be from the Midlands given its location.

Nice and close to me.
What car do you have?
I’m currently building an avon
iceclimber

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round

Nice and close to me.
What car do you have?

Reply with quote  #8 
I have a three month old factory built Avon. If you fancy a look at it let me know.

Reply with quote  #9 
I’m a member of both clubs eatoc and nwkcog and can recommend both with nwkcog we do wollarton deer Park near you and are doing it again next year I’m based in uttoxeter

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Hi guys.

Sorry for the delayed response - there’s something about having a 6 week old baby and a 2 year old that makes even 5 minutes of peace and quiet impossible!

Thanks for your inputs.

I think that the main bits for me regarding a club In the locality are just an appreciation as to whether or not there are any organised events/shows that people are attending nearby, plus any club benefits e.g. discounted insurance or spares etc.

I’m getting an awful lot out of being a member of this forum, and have really appreciated peoples advice. Will take a look at NWKCOG on Facebook in the first instance - my in-laws are based in the North West and we spend a lot of time up there anyway 👍

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round

Nice and close to me.
What car do you have?

One more for Northamptonshire, I have a six... which hasn't made it out of the garage for a couple of years [frown]
JohnSix

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
Im in Milton Keynes, with a S6.

John.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club