Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Petrolhead1275

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi just bought a very cheap Avon but chassis number missing should it be on bulk head is there anything stamped in the frame somewhere else
Dick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Was it a yellow one with black monster drink stripes and a yellow dash
Petrolhead1275

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
Yes bit of a dog
Dick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Well hears the story of this car it belong to a freind who had it a few years it was a very fast avon and had a raceline engine with bgh gearbox and hyd clutch, on Jenvey's and omex 500. All worked well until one day he went straight on when he should have gone right. The n/s front suspension took a big hit and bent the car well past repair. The car was measured up by us and and the only option was a new chassis . The insurance company said no so the car was written off. I tried to buy the car back for parts but was told it was never to be sold and would be crushed or stripped for parts by the salvage company, it was never to be put back on the road. The salvage company came and took the car away that was the last we see it. I contacted them via phone and emails and they told me not interested in selling car as was against the law. I then revived a call from some one that claimed his mate had a contact and would just change the plate to get it back on the road. He asked if I would give him a hand to sort out the refitting of engine ecu ect. Are you taking the urine. 

So that was the last we talked, then the other day i saw the car on ebay with a crap description of the car and the owner talking a load of balls about it. He even said he had a log book for a different car . So what do you do now is the question. The original owner has reported the car being sold on ebay he has also reported it to dvla and the insurance company . I think an investigation may be under way but cant be sure . Another thing is from what he was saying in the advert its not the original engine/gearbox that was with the car sounds like someone has removed the best bits. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If you want more info pm me 
Petrolhead1275

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Yes was thinking it was a write off poss just keep it a track day car then
Dick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Lot of work to put it on track the complete front end needs cutting off and new one fitted its pushed it over to the offside as well as all the damage to the nearside, I would remove both engine and gearbox as these are not original. It had an lsd fitted and the fuel system worked. The exhaust was way to loud even for brands hatch track days. Not the best car even if you wanted a track day car as most of the good bits are missing, is the ecu still in the car was in the middle of the dash inside. Maybe try to get some money back and start again. We did re weld the back up on it be for the crash
Petrolhead1275

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
No ecu in dash weld what at the back .have a wiring loom what type of ecu was it running
Dick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
The welding was more of prevention than repair so nothing to worry about. The ecu was from memory was an omex 500 but without seeing the plug if its still in the car im not going to say for sure. I think your find all the best bits have been removed the engine and box are not what was in the car when it was in use.
petrolhead

Not Club Member - Lurker
Reply with quote  #9 
Hi again had to re register kocked up logging Been looking into car and dvla what the old reg number do you know it ?

Dick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Your never going to be able to use the old reg number as it was a cat a or b . You wont need a reg if your going to track day it
petrolhead

Not Club Member - Lurker
Reply with quote  #11 
Yes I know just trying to help dvla they need old reg before they will look into the case
Dick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
ill try to find it
Dick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 
Do you still need the old reg
Petrolhead1275

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #14 
yes please still waiting 
Dick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #15 
You have a pm
Petrolhead1275

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #16 
Thanks
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club