Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
nicbrrghs

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi as the title suggests I am after a roof for my cat 1e it has a standard rollcage as far as I can see.

I already have doors but a roof would be handy at times.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Nick,

I don't know whether you're considering actually driving with a hood in situ but I would have to say that having driven mine with the 'top up' (once - that was enough!) I can only describe it as an awful experience.

You don't have to be a giant to have no headroom; in fact your head may create a bulge in the hood! Visibility is dangerously restricted, the noise is awful and it gets damned hot.

I have kept my hood purely for protecting the car should it need to be left exposed to the elements for any length of time. However, I have a full tonneau which offers virtually as much protection for the car when it's static and has the added benefit of functioning in 'half cover' form when being driven - i.e. with just the passenger side covered.

You may wish to consider the (more useful) tonneau route before investing in a hood. Just a thought.

Michael.

Spent it on fast women and loose cars.
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
I have only used my hood about 3 times in 19yrs, 2 times coming back from shows and  1 time when I had an MOT booked and the heavens opened on the way.
Almost impossible to get in/out, water comes in every small opening and the useless little wipers ! On the first occasion, we had been to Kimbolton show and had seats etc on the rear rack. Stopped near a bus stop chucked the wife out, put the seats in the car, hood up and off home. Came back with tin top and picked her up.
Try to avoid going out when rain forecast.
Getting a Tiger wet is not good.
claycock

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
As others have said I've had my roof for 10 years and only used it a couple of times, the last one was in a biblical storm in northern Italy 3 years ago, but I would have survived in my all in one motorbike waterproofs. Also the roof will need to be fitted so if you still want one you're better off having it fitted. A few of the SKCC folk use SoftBitsForSeverns, and I think they do a half roof that looks quite good (quicker to put up, less restrictive access/view)

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Half roof or tonneau sounds like a better plan then ill have a look at soft bits for sevens at their half roof. any recommendations for a tonneau supplier?

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Nick

You could try speaking to Laura at Tiger Racing for a tonneau cover, i'm sure they would be able to help

Scott

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Echoing Scott's input, Laura made my tonneau.

If it's of any use I have a diagram of the different measurements Laura needs to work from. It goes without saying that the actual dimensions differ from car to car but it illustrates what needs to be measured.

Michael.

Spent it on fast women and loose cars.
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
I would go tonneau (useful for when the car is parked up) and half hood from soft bits for sevens with easy in roof zips - infact, that's what I've got 😉 😉 😉

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #9 
I made a half roof for my tiger ,think I put the pics up on here for another guy .

I made a channel frame to go over the screen frame ,it's  held in place with 2 clips and 2 lever clamps inside . No leaks from the screen .

Graham

Attached Images
jpeg P1010254.jpg (119.35 KB, 15 views)
jpeg P1010256.jpg (142.52 KB, 16 views)

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by weavo56
I made a half roof for my tiger ,think I put the pics up on here for another guy .

I made a channel frame to go over the screen frame ,it's  held in place with 2 clips and 2 lever clamps inside . No leaks from the screen .

Graham

Nice 👍
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club