Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
DaveBlack

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 

Hi all, so over the last 3 years I have rebuilt two Cat E1's, had a huge amount of fun and made two fast and good looking motors. [1] Unfortunately, and totally my own fault, I crashed the purple one into a post ;o( It is a Cat B write off, so CANNOT be legally put back on the road. At the moment I am looking for someone who wants to collect and take the car as it is. I may look at breaking for spares if that does not happen.

[2]  [3] 
After the accident the engine was still running, although does not start now - I believe this is an electrical issue as the motor turns over OK. So to list the good bits!...

Wilwood front disks and calipers
Rear Drum pads replaced and drums in good condition 
Four 14" wheels on the car matt black reconditioned, front left has a gash in from accident. I have a second set of 14" wheels with good tyres as a part of the deal. Tyres on car are not a month old.
LED lights all round, with resisters for indicator flash rate
Accuspark stealth timing system (use a computer to set timing not springs in dizzy)
Dizzy rotor, cap, sparks, leads all year old
roll over bar reconditioned and powder coated
new parcel shelf
Seats custom made (purple trim), passenger side as a slight melt mark on the bottom (long story)
four point harnesses again year old
Tiger Dash elements all working
Spare glass for windscreen, plus original is fine
Gearbox and clutch perfect prior to accident, cannot see the crash would have broken them
Engine was running perfectly even after impact, wont start now but I believe this is electrical (turns over OK)
Carb was rebuilt by me, and I spent hours and hours trying different jets to achieve best performance - setup with the computer timing system, she flew along
Did have a K&N filter on top, but that is well mangled!
Coil was replaced
new fuel filters and fuel lines (not the copper that is original)
alternator only a month old
sump removed and a leak fixed - car was 100% leak free, oil and water.
probably a load of things I cannot remember, just ask!

Over £2k worth of receipts I spent in the last 18 months, she was an absolute head turner and I am proper gutted.

Please dont give me grief about the crash, ive done enough tracks, used to race karts nationally, and the accident I had was proper school boy. Im gutted, bruised and pretty pissed off enough!

Not sure what to ask, so here I guess for advice more than anything - it will need a flat bed to move - in Somerset.

Look forward to any comments / offers / thoughts / hugs!

Dave

TigerTigs

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Ill have the front brakes and calipers if the price is right

Sorry to hear about the accident.
Motobuild

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi.price on roll over bar and parcel shelf please.also all the led lights please bud? At least you walked away from it fella so it's all good in the end!
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Any pics of the dash ?

DaveBlack

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
[4] 

DaveBlack

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
[5] 
Tony_T70

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Hello, let me start by saying sorry to hear about the accident [bawl]

Are the seats still okay? Or did they get damaged in the accident?

Also would you consider selling the engine?

Many thanks

Tony

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 

Thanks everyone who has posted so far - I have the car on 'as whole' at the moment. and is on ebay too where I have had a couple of silly offers so far.

Once ebay ends (if it meets my min) then I will sell the lot as one lump.

If not, then I will consider breaking for parts and will get back to those above on a first come first served basis. But i dont have a great deal of time and the thought of pulling the car apart makes me very sad.

The seats are find no damage from the accident, but there is a slightly melted patch on the passenger seat from a heater I was using to do the wrap...

Dave

DaveBlack

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 

Currently have a chap picking it up this weekend - will advise!

Dave

DaveBlack

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 

Hi all - car has been sold lock stock as it was. Being used as a doner car for a project.

Thanks all for your interest.

Dave

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club