Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #51 
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the pocket rocket, as Jack said the  car scares some of the 750 drivers but when you compare some of the lap times it is on a equal level with some of the quick cars.

You might need to have a look at using a 2 pack foam seat to give a slightly higher seating position to give some clearance to the tunnel and cockpit side.

Gazza

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #52 
Cant go any higher at the moment as my head is touching the roll cage as it is [frown]

Im going to move the steering wheel up and forward.
JohnTigerCub

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #53 

Go with an expanding foam seat.

If you are tall, sit on the floor pan and use some camping mat to sit on, follow this with your expanding foam seat.  Simples [biggrin]
E46m3c

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #54 

quick update.

Done my first trackday at abingdon. I bought a cheap memory foam mattress topper which i cut to shape and wrapped in tank tape.

It did the job but no support in the corners or braking.

As such ive put the old plastic seat back in. This required cutting some of the seat for the lower harness mounting eyes, and re-fabricating the seat holding brackets so its right back at the firewall inc head support.

Ive had to move the meth pump to infront of the seat instead of behind and will plumb it back in this week hopefully. Hopefully the pump doesnt give off too much heat. And also hopefully it doesnt pose any fire risk. Perhaps ill cover it over with a bit of sheet ali.

Ive also bought a 250mm flat bottom steering wheel to increase the leg room

JohnTigerCub

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #55 

You are getting to grips with owning a kit/race car.

Cut, adjust, remove, re fit, remove, re fit, innovate, use gaffer tape [biggrin] 
E46m3c

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #56 
[smile]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club