Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Wigster

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, looking to get my bike carbs hooked up to the throttle cable, and was just wondering how other people have done it. 
I've got ZX6 carbs, and the throttle pedal as supplied by Tiger. 
Two things I'm particularly thinking about:
- Bikes as standard have a two cables, so closing the throttle will "push" the butterflies closed
- What about the choke cable? And how to make the operation of this SVA compliant?

Thanks.
althecate1

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi
You will need a spring return , I have GSXR throttle bodies and find the stock return springs on the TBs enough, just about. Some where on this forum there are pictures of a return Spring attached by a second cable to a compression Spring located in15mm copper tube.
I don't run a choke cable so can't comment..
Alec

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Wigster, I live near Andover if you want to come look at my Tiger's wiring and bike carbs (all DIYd). PM me if you're interested. 
Wigster

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by althecate1
Hi You will need a spring return , I have GSXR throttle bodies and find the stock return springs on the TBs enough, just about. Some where on this forum there are pictures of a return Spring attached by a second cable to a compression Spring located in15mm copper tube. I don't run a choke cable so can't comment.. Alec

Thanks for that, and I'll try to track that post down. I wasn't having much luck searching for "bike carbs" earlier on though. 
Wigster

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GurstonTiger
Wigster, I live near Andover if you want to come look at my Tiger's wiring and bike carbs (all DIYd). PM me if you're interested. 

PM sent!
claycock

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
I'm using a push bike brake cable and a returm sping between the pedal and the mount.
Worth making sure that the pedal and mount holes line uo or you'll have a very short life on the cable...

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by claycock
I'm using a push bike brake cable and a returm sping between the pedal and the mount.
Worth making sure that the pedal and mount holes line uo or you'll have a very short life on the cable...

Thanks Chris - another couple of good points. 
I see you're running a Megajolt as well - might have to come back and ask you some questions about that as well if you don't mind!
claycock

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Feel free, but I didn't install it so no idea on wiring :-)
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club