Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
bigkiltedwarrior

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my standard Cat roll bar to a more functional item which is slightly higher and also braced so it would be more effective in the event of an accident.

Ideally I am looking for a pre-fabricated braced option which can be fitted with minimal effort.  Alternatively I have been considering one with front facing bracing coming down to the corners of the parcel shelf, which I have seen previously on a Cat.

Any ideas welcome as always.

S
althecate1

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi S,
This is mine, but it was made to bring the roll bar forward so I could fit a bespoke hood, which looks much better than a saggy standard hood. It needed 2 triangular plates welded into the parcel shelf to strenghten it and to fix the forward mount.
It is not to any standard rollcage tube wise and would be unlikely to pass any scrutineer inspection as a roll hoop.
It was not an easy mod as the strengthening plates were Tig welded with the fibreglass rear shell in place.
Alec

Attached Images
jpeg image.jpg (296.18 KB, 46 views)

bigkiltedwarrior

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks.

I'm thinking about something similar to the below and like you say, I would need to either bolt or weld in steel plates to the corners of the parcel shelf.

S

Attached Images
jpeg image.jpg (113.25 KB, 47 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club