Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
J90RDN

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Purchased an ex-race Tiger Avon month ago minus engine and gearbox. It's well tatty, but has some nice bits like full cage, hi-spec front calipers, 13" TD 1.2 with R888, Gaz shocks. Came with Zetec engine mounts & full exhaust, so thats the plan for the new engine. Not IVA'ed, but that doesn't bother me as going to be a pure track car.

Have picked up a set of 45mm Jenveys, so remaining to get is 2.0 blacktop, Omex 600, Type9 gearbox and going to make a basic loom.

If it's OK will post questions up here (as well as locustbuilders) as seems there is a wealth of knowledge here to tap into.

Thanks

Lee

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
First question - rerunning new brake lines. Is there a reason for this

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by J90RDN
First question - rerunning new brake lines. Is there a reason for this looping or was last builder being lazy?

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
I have seen builders do this to account for movement/vibration in the brake lines but that seems a little OTT.
robcod3

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Sure it's not the pipe to the front and a pipe for to the rear circuit. Or a pipe for a hydraulic clutch?
J90RDN

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
The coiled pipe is the brake pipe to the left front caliper, and the other is the feed to rear caliper. Clutch is hydraulic. Question was focused around how much was coiled and if it was necessary. Think I'll include slightly less in the new install.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
So couple more questions 

Firstly, thinking of putting an RX8 gearbox in. I can see from simply looking that the Avon tunnel is quite narrow. Does anyone know the measurements of the RX8 box, and has anyone tried to fit on in an Avon? 

Secondly, some brackets above the pedals have been ground off by previous owner. Can be seen in below photo where they have been (poorly) ground and not painted. Anyone have an idea as to what these were?

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #8 
Those would have been the brackets for the top mounted Sierra pedals.

If you've got floor mounted pedals they're not necessary.
robcod3

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #9 
Ah I get you about the coiled up pipe now. I've seen a few people do that. It's usually because they fit the kit supplied brake pipe set and end up with spare and as they don't know how to cut and flare a pipe or can't be bothered they just coil it. Yep just trip it back.
J90RDN

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks guys - will get the cut of brackets cleaned up and painted. Happy now I know what they were, and that they were not needed :-)

Will also get the pipes recreated. Have a pipe flaring kit I always love using, so the correct length pipes will not be a problem.

Anyone done the RX8 gearbox mod? I know the tunnel will need fabrication, just depends how much.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club