Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
pinmike

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hey all, I'm looking to replace the seats in my Tiger Supercat E1 and the first name that gets mentioned is Intratrim.  I'm speaking with the guy there who is super helpful, giving me mock ups etc which is awesome and helping me nail down a design.  I'm not able to get there to try them out though so was wondering if anyone has fitted them and could give any feedback about how they fit, how they wear etc?

Thanks!
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
I used JK Composite but know others who have used Intrarim. They have a 'bespoke' seat for the Cat to take account of the 'ears' in the floor well, so they are tried an tested. Not heard any issues with quality over the years.

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #3 
I've had a pair of Intatrim Voyager seats since 2003 in my Super Cat and they're still in great condition.

The only "issue" is the material where the back of the seat sits against the parcel shelf has worn through due to rubbing, but that's not a fault of the seats.  Since noticing it, I made a pad out of black leathercloth with foam inside and attached that to the back of the seat where it was rubbing with heavy duty carpet tape.

I've just looked at their site and their prices have gone up somewhat - for the equivalent of what I've got, they're well over double what I paid in 2003.
overdriver

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
My Intatrim Odysseys are 'second user' having bought them from another TOC member (Everything OK with you Scott?). If I ever do get round to acquiring new seats I would have no hesitation in replacing them with the same again. Intatrim have a good knowledge of the foibles of seat fitment in Tigers - particularly the need for a cutaway to accommodate the Cat's 'pigs ear'.

One thing I would mention is if you are going from the original Tiger 'seat pad' you will notice an increased height. I have mine mounted on sliding runners and I do tend to have the top of the windscreen frame in my eye line. As I'm the only driver and I don't actually move the seat I intend to remove the runner.

Michael.

Spent it on fast women and loose cars.
Carnoustiecat

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #5 
I'm fine thank you Michael, good to hear the seats are still surviving.

As for seats in a Cat E1, all I can say is that if your planning on taking a passenger go for the Intatrims.

Much though I like the JK Composites that I've fitted in mine due to the very narrow width on the passenger side of the E1 and the bucket style of the JK's it reduces the actual seat width to the point where you would only be able to carry a very slim person, they are definitely not for the slightly larger in the hip area (as my wife could testify) and she's not what you would call large.

Even I find the passenger side a tight squeeze, where as I'm fine in the drivers side.

Hope this helps

Scott.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnoustiecat
I'm fine thank you Michael, good to hear the seats are still surviving.

As for seats in a Cat E1, all I can say is that if your planning on taking a passenger go for the Intatrims.

Much though I like the JK Composites that I've fitted in mine due to the very narrow width on the passenger side of the E1 and the bucket style of the JK's it reduces the actual seat width to the point where you would only be able to carry a very slim person, they are definitely not for the slightly larger in the hip area (as my wife could testify) and she's not what you would call large.

Even I find the passenger side a tight squeeze, where as I'm fine in the drivers side.

Hope this helps

Scott.

I've not actually used them yet, as the car is still in build, but I finished up fitting the passenger side without runners, purely because the seat was such a tight fit, it wouldn't have been able to move anyway! 

If you don't yet have runners, and want to fit them btw, I managed to find some really nice low, flat ones. 
Sorry, but got them so long ago (2009!), I haven't a clue who/where from

Attached Images
jpeg DSCF2036.jpg (309.86 KB, 12 views)
jpeg DSCF2035.jpg (569.37 KB, 9 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club