Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Carnoustiecat

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all, hope everyone’s surviving this strange time we have just now.

My question is about air fuel ratios or more importantly what should they be at tick over, as that’s all I can really check just now with my car currently being on sorn.

I started my car up today while doing a little tinkering, my afr gauge is telling me that at tick over it’s about 12.5 ish the gauge varies from about 12.3 to 13.2, and I was just wondering if this was good or bad?

If it makes any difference it’s a 2 litre silver top Zetec running on twin 45 DCOE webers.

Scott

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Would say thats not to bad at all for that engine and on 45's if it was mine i would be more than happy with those numbers 
Carnoustiecat

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for that.

Should I get a 12.5 ish reading when under load and when sitting at a constant speed or will the reading vary under different conditions? If not what should I be looking to expect?

Scott

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Under load when you put your foot down you would expect the reading to go lower as more fuel is used it should lean out when on light throttle and virtual no load up around the 14.2 mark and when lifting off go higher . Its never going to be perfect on 45's 
Carnoustiecat

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Dick, thanks for that. That gives me an idea of what to expect once I get the car back on the road, might not happen this summer with all that's going on this year though.

Scott

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Have fun
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club