Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
stripe70

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Whats the opinion on the best choice of mirrors for an aeroscreen

I was thinking of these styles but not sure what the fit is like.
One bike & one car.
Thinking bike option may be best & cheap.
Also is the screen sturdy enough to support these

I`ve bought mirrors in the past when i had a windscreen but turned out to be a waste of money as when they were fitted the passenger mirror didn`t have the clearance to bend in to be of any use from the driving seat. 

Option 1:
CBR600RR.jpg   

Option 2:
sw-blackprod.jpg

Dick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Have never seen the side mirrors fitted to an aero screen , don't think you would see anything in them as they would be very unstable.
warboys

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
Agreed, they will flap about unless they are fixed to something more solid.
stripe70

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 
Cheers
I thought the aeroscreen would have been sturdy enough. I`ve seen plenty of pics on net of them fitted that way but if you recomend not fitting that way, i`ll go with that.

If going throught the side of the body i would think any of my mirror choices would be too low to see clearly.
So what style is best to fit. What are people using. I`m also looking for something black to fit in with the style of the car. If anyone has any decent pics that would be good

Also my concern was that most mirrors i`ve tried dont seem to have enough movement on the passenger one to be able to bend in enough to actually be of use.

cheers
TigerEd

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi,I have the option 2 type and they are ok, they have loads of adjustment. Make sure you get the convex type.
greengreenwood7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
yep i have option 2 fitted to the scuttle.......convex as well...

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
I have option 2 but fitted to my rollcage.
stripe70

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #8 
Do they move when at speed.
Some said they tend to move at the ball joint with the wind.
Hookie

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #9 
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have a Super 6 which I brought with an aero screen, but have since changed to a wind screen, which in by opinion is the best option unless you are going tracking. I had the option 2 mirrors which I found to be too small and difficult to keep in position. Also, the quality is not good. The ball sockets are not strong and will eventually break. I now have bike mirrors (10mm bolt size) which are bigger and stronger. I have them fixed through the windscreen supports between the fixing bolt (3No) and find this arrangement the best option. There are loads of bike mirrors available on E Bay.
greengreenwood7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
depends which quality ones you buy, i have the Spa ones, have had them for 7 years, they've never moved at speed, eve warp speed...and if they're positioned correctly then its possibly to get a good view, helps to have a decent centre mirror as well...

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #11 
Fair comment, I must be buying cheapo/nasty ones. Although part of the problem is the size of the mirror and the length of the extension, especially on the N/S mirror.
weavo56

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #12 
When I had my areo I had these mirrors on ,
mirrors.jpg 

G

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by weavo56
When I had my aero on  I had these mirrors on ,
mirrors.jpg 

G

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #14 
These mirrors a similar to the ones that I have, but l now have a screen fitted.
weavo56

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #15 
Hi mate , yes I have my screen back on now , the problem I found was with the screen and doors on the mirror position is too low and you can't see the near side one. I put some chrome mirrors back on in the original postion on the screen frame ,had to bend the arms abit to get them right though.

Graham

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #16 
Hi Graham,

I have a round stick-on mirror approx 3/4 in dia in the top N/S corner of the wind screen as well as the longer extended arm on the N/S outside mirror. My problem is that I have made a couple of side screens attached to the wind screen uprights which obstruct the view of the N/S mirror. I am using my Tiger in Spain at the moment, so I am driving on the right, so it is more important to have a clear view of what is going on behind me.

Regards....Mike
greengreenwood7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #17 
if you have a decent sized centre mirror then you can change the angle slightly to give better view for EU driving...the one in that pic isnt very wide so is perhaps restrictive?

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #18 
Good point that about center mirrior I have a small dash mounted chrome mirror but I have a 300mm wide angle mirror clipped onto this and it's angled so you can see the near side view as you go past things . Might be an idea for driving in spain .

Graham

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #19 
I was thinking of trying to fix a thin SS  pole from the top of the wind screen frame down through the hole for the central mirror so I could fix a sliding mirror which would adjust up and down and rotate about the pole. I would need to find a suitable mirror and fixing first. I will probably give this idea a bit more thought, once I have finished some other bits.

Mike.
Hookie

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #20 
I was thinking of trying to fix a thin SS  pole from the top of the wind screen frame down through the hole for the central mirror so I could fix a sliding mirror which would adjust up and down and rotate about the pole. I would need to find a suitable mirror and fixing first. I will probably give this idea a bit more thought, once I have finished some other bits.

Mike.
warboys

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #21 
I race my car and the mirrors do not move, but I do use a large wide angle rear view mirror too.
stripe70

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #22 
Thanks for the replies
I went for option 2 in the end
Will see how they hold up
That was the last winter mod to do & Putting back on the road this month
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club