Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
SteveV

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 

Passed SVA today in Norwich at first attempt. The pass certificate and insurance cover note has been delivered personally to the DVLA in Ipswich.

Couldn't resist a celebratory bimble around the block (twice). So now it's just the wait for the Reg. doc. before being totally legal. I guess that means 40 days & 40 nights of rain starts sometime next week!!

Steve

Photo taken at VOSA Norwich.

vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 

Well done that man. Norwich seem very resaonable for SVA's.

Just in time to catch some rays !

What mirrors did you use  ?  and did you have a centre mirror ? if so what one ?

Hope to see you/cat about soon

Brandon

RemaL

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 

nice one. So will you be showing off your new toy at Donni show?

Should be great weather in Oct

regards and well done

Matt W

MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 

or at Kit Car Live this weekend at Brands!!

Mark.

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 

Brandon

The mirrors were from Car Builder Solutions and are SVA friendly, but not necessarily wallet friendly at around £37. Although those on the car have been modded slightly ( straightened & black heat shrink on the chrome stems).

I hate to confess to the origin of the central mirror, but here goes. I found that the Sierra mirror didn't have sufficient movement to be mounted upside down but I found that the mirror from a '93 V______L C______R had swivels at both ends and worked well upside down, and was particularly wallet friendly at £2 from our local scrappy.

Won't be at Brands as I doubt that DVLA work that fast, however if i'm to go to Donni. I had better get to work on the wet weather gear!!

Steve

gilesc

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 
More important - if it is registered in time get it to the open day at the factory (2nd Oct)

Giles

timnuttuk

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 

Well done! It's a great feeling. You must be v. pleased with a first time pass!

SteveV

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #8 

Tim

Thanks. Yes it does feel good, I can't believe that I was so concerned about the TEST. Although having a Pre SVA check-over at Tiger on Monday did help to settle the nerves as Paul was quite confident that I would pass OK. Something that I did find a bit odd was that the CO readings appear to wander willy nilly!!!. Last Wednesday, on the rolling road, it was 2.1% and well within spec. Monday at Tiger it had moved to 4.1% and so was reset to 2.6%. By Wednesday at the SVA station it had again wandered off to 4.6%!!!!!. I wouldn't mind but the 300 miles that it had traveled had all been on a trailer!!

I see by your avatar that the new wheels are on, so where are the promised pictures?

Steve

timnuttuk

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #9 

I was going to wait til I had the windscreen in place. Here's a piccy - just updated my website too:

I'm legal now - had the day off after my 5 day trip to Amsterdam (business - no fun....really!), so I went to the DVLA office (twice) with various paper work and they phoned me back within 2 hours to say it was all ready. Picked up the paper work, and £25 later I had shiny plates from Mr.Halfords. bolted them in place and went for a spin - great feeling to be legal and go anywhere I want - I went for petrol ;-)

Fingers crossed for the Autumn weather eh!

vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnuttuk

I was going to wait til I had the windscreen in place. Here's a piccy - just updated my website too:

I'm legal now - had the day off after my 5 day trip to Amsterdam (business - no fun....really!), so I went to the DVLA office (twice) with various paper work and they phoned me back within 2 hours to say it was all ready. Picked up the paper work, and £25 later I had shiny plates from Mr.Halfords. bolted them in place and went for a spin - great feeling to be legal and go anywhere I want - I went for petrol ;-)

Fingers crossed for the Autumn weather eh!

Hi

Did you pass SVA with those mirrors ?

If so where did you get them ?

joscorstjens

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 

Congratulations!

Which weels did you mount? They look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV

Passed SVA today in Norwich at first attempt. The pass certificate and insurance cover note has been delivered personally to the DVLA in Ipswich.

Couldn't resist a celebratory bimble around the block (twice). So now it's just the wait for the Reg. doc. before being totally legal. I guess that means 40 days & 40 nights of rain starts sometime next week!!

Steve

Photo taken at VOSA Norwich.

timnuttuk

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #12 

Mirrors were from MAC#1 and no they didn't pass. Mr Picky SVA managed to find an edge on them. I had to file it down, but it is underneath so no-one will notice.

Had the wheels specially made and they cost me a fortune..........Just kidding Ripspeed £299 special offer from Halfords. They seem to have a load of them to shift, as they are still offering them as a set of 4 with tyres. I didn't SVA with them as they stick out more than my sierra ones.

Thanks!

vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 

Wont be using those mirrors then but where did you SVA ?  Your comment about wheels sticking out, Is it a Cat, Super or XL ?

Schrodinger

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #14 

It had occured to me that a number of people had recently bought CATs and are having the problem with the wheels. I thought Tiger stopped making the CAT(read narrow wheels) a couple of years ago and were only making the Super Cat body work (this also fit the XL IIRC)

If I have got this right then what might be happening is that the GRP people may be using the old CAT moulds and Tiger have not realised this, just a thought.

Keith

Suffolk

vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger

It had occured to me that a number of people had recently bought CATs and are having the problem with the wheels. I thought Tiger stopped making the CAT(read narrow wheels) a couple of years ago and were only making the Super Cat body work (this also fit the XL IIRC)

If I have got this right then what might be happening is that the GRP people may be using the old CAT moulds and Tiger have not realised this, just a thought.

Keith

Suffolk

Keith

The rear wings on the body of my  "new build " are hugh and looks silly with the skinny sierra wheels on, about 6 inches away from the edge. It was supplied early 2003.

When did the nose change ? any idea ?

Brandon

timnuttuk

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #16 

Wierd!! I got my kit in Dec 2003 and it was a standard CAT. Didn't know there was a fat CAT. Maybe there was a back log of BRG bodies

The mirrors are good, it's just my SVA man (Southampton) was very strict/picky...

Had a great blat this evening with the last of the sun. Nice chill in the air and plenty of heat from the engine - great driving weather. So much more fun now I have the windscreen. Can't wait til tomorrow - I plan to take my dad out for a spin and scare him......just a little.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club