Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Andromeda

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
What 4 point harness are being used? I have some now that need replacing and would like some with the lap adjuster near to the release so it’s easier to alter

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
I've got these in mine: http://www.primamotorsport.com/prima_motorsport_products/kit_car/kit_car/4kit_car_harness.html

They can do the adjuster to work either way.
Andromeda

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Perfect thanks

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy350z
I've got these in mine: http://www.primamotorsport.com/prima_motorsport_products/kit_car/kit_car/4kit_car_harness.html

They can do the adjuster to work either way.

Which car have you got?

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
I've got an Avon
Andromeda

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Do you have space behind your seat on those? Have a supercat

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
There is no space behind the seats in the Avon, you may need longer shoulder straps, for the Supercat.
Andromeda

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Ok great thanks for your help

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
I've just had a set of these delivered today:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-TRS-Clubman-4-Point-Harness-RED-Snap-Hook-Road-Legal-ECE-Approved/303240328001?hash=item469a883341:g:UdYAAOSwnDxUixqa

Really good customer service from Crest Motorsport (Nottingham). Managed to have a phone discussion with them to specify shorter straps and orientation of adjuster.

Had the shoulder straps cut short to 100cm in order to fit the Avon without too much excess. Roughly trial fitted today (but without my seats) and all seems to be OK. 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCR_AK
I've just had a set of these delivered today:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-TRS-Clubman-4-Point-Harness-RED-Snap-Hook-Road-Legal-ECE-Approved/303240328001?hash=item469a883341:g:UdYAAOSwnDxUixqa

Really good customer service from Crest Motorsport (Nottingham). Managed to have a phone discussion with them to specify shorter straps and orientation of adjuster.

Had the shoulder straps cut short to 100cm in order to fit the Avon without too much excess. Roughly trial fitted today (but without my seats) and all seems to be OK. 

That’s great thank you

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
Hi, can I recommend the Camlock Quick Release system instead of the standard clip together type, I find it much easier to get in and out of the car.
Andromeda

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEd
Hi, can I recommend the Camlock Quick Release system instead of the standard clip together type, I find it much easier to get in and out of the car.

I have the quick release cam lock on the ones I have so would like to get some that have this rather than the normal seatbelt clip 👍

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 
Hi Andromeda,

I would add that if you have not already bought your new seat harness that what you need to be looking at is 5 point rather than 4 point seat harnesses.

The reason for this is if you did have a whoops moment there is a tendency to slide down the seat and you could find that the seat harness hasnt retained you in place.

I have found that the best place for the release buckle is on the crotch strap which then allows you to fit the waist straps and lastly the shoulder straps.

I have always bought TRS Harnesses through Tiger Racing as they know what to order so they will fit.

I also use a bushing for the lap straps so the D-Plate can swivel as there is no space for a ring-bolt arrangement.

Lastly the mounting bolts located in the seat well/tunnel have a very fine thread and are not a standard metric thread or have at least been like this on my cars, I think it might even be BSF.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Gazza 

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club